The curious incident of the dog in the night-time

Dícese de los políglotas o practicantes de lenguas varias.

Moderador: Larús

Felicity
Comité de bienvenida
Contactar:

Re: The curious incident of the dog in the night-time

Mensaje por Felicity »

I Have Finished It.

At Least I really like and enjoy de book.

Dad tried to
Do something to give his son some to be confident again on him. A Dog.
Mum decided come back with her son. I really like his Adventure in the train to London.

But a bit less his obsesion with maths.
Anyway a extra mile point are the diagrams, conceptual maps, pirctures, drawings... he made.

:)

And really I would know how it continues for Chris.

really enjoy de book! :402:
Recuento 2024
Nos pasamos años sin vivir en absoluto, y de pronto toda nuestra vida se concentra en un solo instante (Oscar Wilde)
LizzyDarcy
Vivo aquí

Mensaje por LizzyDarcy »

I'm in chapter 223.

Christopher's life
has been turned upside down. To he fact that knowing his mother is alive so his father lied to him, his father trying not lying again, said to him that he killed Wellington :shock: :icon_no_tenteras: So Christopher is really scared and he doesn't want to live with his father again. So he decided go to London to live with his mum.
The travel is really complicated and I think Christopher's feelings are very well reflected. I can feel his anguish.
I don't know what happens now, because I think,
it will be very difficult to Christopher understand his father and his father reasons, but I don't think the mother want him to live with them so poor Christopher. :( :(
Carmen Neke escribió:I really pity the father. He's just a simple working-class man, burdened with a very difficult son whom he loves a lot but has to bring up on his own. He does as good as he can but it's not surprising he makes mistakes. And he doesn't complain about being lonely or not having anyone to talk to.
In a way I think the same, but I don't understand any of his actions and I can't justify it.

But the mum,
she is a selfish person that I don't like at all. :evil: If you really love your son, you'll try to go back and see him in despite of your husband saying don't do it.
mariki
Vivo aquí

Mensaje por mariki »

I'm starting today :oops: I'd had a couple of messy weeks and no time for reading. I have just started and I came here to ask where chapter one is :cunao:
Ayrween
Vivo aquí

Mensaje por Ayrween »

Mariki, there isn't chapter 1, the story begins in 2. There are other 'missing' chapters, when you go on reading you'll understand.
mariki
Vivo aquí

Mensaje por mariki »

Ayrween
Vivo aquí

Mensaje por Ayrween »

Chapter 131 (38%)

Christopher's father has realized
that his son continued acting as a detective about the death of Wellington and asking questions to the neighbours and got very angry. Mrs. Alexander told him that Mr. Shears and his mother had an affair and the boy doesn't know anything about it. What a terrible fight they have. :(
LizzyDarcy
Vivo aquí

Mensaje por LizzyDarcy »

I've just finished and I like so much.

I like it because I think is very realistic, not only about asperger syndrome, I have a friend with an asperger son, and she says that the syndrome is very well reflected, but because father and mother are people who make mistakes and aren't perfect people and they try to do it the best they can, but sometimes is too difficult.
So mother leave her son because she is unable to handle it without losing nerves. And father try to protect him telling lies about his mum.
Now, mother leaves Roger and come back to Swindon with Roger, and she and his father reach an agreement. Christopher lives with mum, but spends time with father too. And father tries to regain his trust, and the first step is buying to Christopher a dog.
I think is a very good book, and very easy to read it in English.
ilargi
Vivo aquí

Mensaje por ilargi »

I'm really sorry I won't be able to join... it took me so loooong the previous book, I'm too late for this one, since I've another MC tomorrow... I'll try to join the next one.
Si tienes una biblioteca con jardín, lo tienes todo. Cicerón

Calendario de MC
Recuento 2024
Pendientes
Carmen Neke
Foroadicto
Contactar:

Mensaje por Carmen Neke »

I also finished the book and liked it a lot. I found the ending
so sad: Christopher got his A-levels for Maths and he hopes to get them for Physics too so he can study at university and become a scientist. But how is it going to be possible if he starts panicking every time he has to be with strange people at not-planned situations? He's very intelligent but he lacks the social skills needed to function normally in society. His dream about being happy because almost everyone in the world had died gave me the creeps.
A very good book to read in English or in any other language: easy, interesting and moving.
Ororo
Diosa de ébano

Mensaje por Ororo »

I read only three or four chapters, but I found it really easy to understand.

I guess
the boy who is writing has a mental disease or something like that and the numbers of the chapters are the prime ones.
I'm going to try to catch you.
mariki
Vivo aquí

Mensaje por mariki »

I finished it last night.

The story is very touching.
I haven't met anyone with Asperger but I understand the difficulties that a family has when one of their children has a disease like this. I could understand why the mum left, but I don't approve. And I also get why Father lied to him and hide the true story about his mum, he tried to do the best for the child.
The part of the
trip is quite anguishing. You can't avoid feeling like Christopher and every little aspect is like a torture for him, and for the reader. But at the end, he successes in his plan and arrives safely to London.
I expected that
Mother was alive, I got the feeling because one commentary by the father. But the killer's identity took me by surprise :shock: I know now why Father didn't want Christopher to continue with the detective investigation. I think that he knows that his son was going to discover the truth and he will be angry with him.
I liked it a lot. It is a moving story told by the child and it makes you empathize with the boy and his story, and to understand better people with dissabilities. Good reading :D
Ayrween
Vivo aquí

Mensaje por Ayrween »

Chapter 227 (78%)

Christopher's life
has turned around. He read the letters and found out that his mother is still alive, living in London with the man with whom she had an affair. His father has lied to him telling she died in the hospital and not that she abandoned her husband and son. :evil: Also he killed the dog. He was in such a shock than he run away from home to live with his mother.
The trip to London
is being very difficult for him, he hates other people touches him, new things and places he doesn't know. He is in the tube, waiting the train to go his Mum's home. In the train to London he hided from the policeman :cunao: and he knows his father is looking for him.
Larús
La enciclopedia

Mensaje por Larús »

It´s been a hard week for me, so much work. I started this book really late, and I haven't been reading so much. But I'm on it, at last :D

Chapter 149

From the beginning, the reader can suspect the situation.
Christopher is not a regular guy. He uses a very simple language and feels strange in daily situations for any of us. He cannot be touched, being screamed at, or in crowded places without feeling nervous and violent. He understands literally what he's said and this means a serious communication problem. He is an Asperger patient.
He talked to their neighbour.
What a lovely old woman!! But, what a big mouth! :evil: She told him all about his mother, although she didn't know she had died from a heart attack. Christopher seemed to understand it, but not consider it important, since as he arrived home his only concern was finding his book. And indeed he did!! Hidden in Father's bedroom!!!
As I have already read the book, I know how the story goes on, but... I will wait to write up until I re-read.

:60:
Ororo
Diosa de ébano

Mensaje por Ororo »

I couldn't read almost anything during the weekend, but I'm enjoying the reading. It's written properly from the curious point of view of the boy.

Sorry, I hadn't read the synopsis before writing the previous message, so I didn't know that the boy has
Asperger syndrome :oops:
Larús
La enciclopedia

Mensaje por Larús »

Ororo, even if you haven't read it, you can figure that out just in a few pages!!
Responder