The curious incident of the dog in the night-time

Dícese de los políglotas o practicantes de lenguas varias.

Moderador: Larús

Deschain
Lector ocasional

Re: The curious incident of the dog in the night-time

Mensaje por Deschain »

I've started last night, but just a few pages :oops:

It's a bit curious how the book is written, but I think I'll like it.
I've just read how the main character found the murdered dog and after being questioned by the policeman he hit him, so he was arrested
I'll continue tonight, be patient felicity, we are a bit slow :P
Carmen Neke
Foroadicto
Contactar:

Mensaje por Carmen Neke »

I was able to start reading the book last night and I have read about 25% of it. It's a really easy reading, as the main character and narrator uses a very simple language without any metaphors :wink:

I was surprised of how much out of date the book has become since I read it for the first time, several years ago. At that time, Asperger syndrome was very little known and I really appreciated all the explanations about it given in the book. Since then we have had Extremely Loud and Incredibly Close, The Big Bang Theory and other works starring similar characters: and you cannot help getting a bit of a dejà-vu feeling when reading about Christopher.

Anyway, it's a great book and a real page-turner. I'm enjoying it a lot, despite everything.
LizzyDarcy
Vivo aquí

Mensaje por LizzyDarcy »

I really enjoy reading this book, despite I didn't have too much time for reading.

I'm in chapter 149 (so funny the numbers of the chapters), it's 40% of the book.
I don't know if Christopher could find out who mudered Wellington, but in his investigations he has just found out that his mother and Mr. Sear had an affair before she died :shock: But he doesn't matter, but his father gets so angry because he talks to Mrs. Alexander.
The most I like are the conversations between Christopher and Siobahn. :D
Ayrween
Vivo aquí

Mensaje por Ayrween »

I'm reading it. I started this weekend but I've read only 14% of the book. I didn't remember the chapters of prime numbers. I find the language easy to understant and interesting despite I've read very little.
Felicity
Comité de bienvenida
Contactar:

Mensaje por Felicity »

I Have Had to Work this weekend, and Finish a book I was reading. So after that I come back to this one, Once you are starting comment it :60:
Recuento 2024
Nos pasamos años sin vivir en absoluto, y de pronto toda nuestra vida se concentra en un solo instante (Oscar Wilde)
Carmen Neke
Foroadicto
Contactar:

People who haven't read The Hound of the Baskervilles should skip chapter 107 altogether, as it is a huge spoiler of the book! :shock: :twisted:
Felicity
Comité de bienvenida
Contactar:

Mensaje por Felicity »

True! :lol: :lol:

I Have Red many time away so has been great to remember it :lol: :lol:

Right, some clues on the 50% red.

Did you feel that this guy, Chris is under the age he supously is :shock: :shock: ? He is 15th but not seems more than 12 Years Old, really.

When he is talking about the children with special need and the school... :blahblah: :blahblah: he seems that he is one of those.

Another thing just realized that Shioban is
His teacher :shock: I tought was a colleague.
Don't understand the Father... it's evil :evil:
How can make Chris thinking, his mother is dead when she is not? poor guy when he has discovered the letters of mum, and he fell of in a sort of "catharsis" And the Dad just perpare him a bath and say "sorry" you didn't have to find it :shock: :? :? :?
I Just realize that English people es more than strange, because trust me. They aboslutely are. Not empathy, everyone in his bussines and not very emotional.

I like the "extra" on the books, like the maps and the graphics... :lol: :lol:

And Also the narrative is like the book of "Anabel Pi" "My Sister is living..." And the stories have some similarities :meditando:

Will continue reading :101:
Recuento 2024
Nos pasamos años sin vivir en absoluto, y de pronto toda nuestra vida se concentra en un solo instante (Oscar Wilde)
LizzyDarcy
Vivo aquí

Mensaje por LizzyDarcy »

I'm going in the same part of the book as Felicity, chapter 167, 53%.

I'm :shock: :shock: as
poor Christopher, he has realized that his mum is not dead. She went away with Roger (Mr. Sear) and she tried to come back to say goodbye, but his father didn't let her come. She also wrote more than 40 letters, but he didn't give it to Christopher. And now he found it. So he is completely shocked.
Carmen Neke escribió:People who haven't read The Hound of the Baskervilles should skip chapter 107 altogether, as it is a huge spoiler of the book! :shock: :twisted:
I read it so long ago so for me was good because I forgot everything, I remembered the things while I was reading chapter 107.
Felicity escribió:Did you feel that this guy, Chris is under the age he supously is ? He is 15th but not seems more than 12 Years Old, really.

When he is talking about the children with special need and the school... he seems that he is one of those.
Yes, this is because the asperger syndrome.

And I surprised too about Siobhan,
I thought she is a school partner, and she is a teacher.
evadina
Lector ocasional

Mensaje por evadina »

I just LOVE this book!
So easy to read and so plainly explained Christopher's Asperger so that readers can get to know what it is about...
Larús
La enciclopedia

Mensaje por Larús »

We're reading it just now in a MC, evadina, if you want to re-read it and join us :60:
Felicity
Comité de bienvenida
Contactar:

Mensaje por Felicity »

Have missed this point, about Christopher.

I'm still in shock. Really?
So, has been the father who killed the dog, because when his Wife just escape with Mr Shearn; Mrs Shearn would help them but at least she wouldn`t move because her Dog.
Every time is more complicated.

But make you interested to continue reading.

I have liked the Conceptual map, what he's doing about what to do next :lol: :lol: :lol:

So he has decided to
Go London With Mom
Will see..

:)
Recuento 2024
Ororo
Diosa de ébano

Mensaje por Ororo »

Hello!!
I've just seen that you're reading this book!
Hello, Ayrween!! :cunao: :cunao:

I have the English version and I'm going to read it soon. Are you enjoying it?
See you :D
Ayrween
Vivo aquí

Mensaje por Ayrween »

Hi, Ororo! :hola: Join us!

Yes, I'm enjoying it. I've read 21%. Not many time for reading and I'm a bit slow reading in English.
Carmen Neke
Foroadicto
Contactar:

About to start chapter 181.

I really pity the father. He's just a simple working-class man, burdened with a very difficult son whom he loves a lot but has to bring up on his own. He does as good as he can but it's not surprising he makes mistakes. And he doesn't complain about being lonely or not having anyone to talk to.

On the other hand, I find the mother a real bitch. She couldn't manage having such a son so she just ran away with another man to have a better life. But she's still sending letters to her son, knowing he cannot understand the situation, only not to feel so bad about abandoning him.
Ororo
Diosa de ébano

Mensaje por Ororo »

Ayrween escribió:Hi, Ororo! :hola: Join us!

Yes, I'm enjoying it. I've read 21%. Not many time for reading and I'm a bit slow reading in English.
Me too. I wish I have time to start it this week.
Responder