Do you speak English?

Dícese de los políglotas o practicantes de lenguas varias.

Moderador: Larús

DarkLady Juliet
Vivo aquí

Re: Do you speak english?

Mensaje por DarkLady Juliet »

There was a place called mocha café or cafemocha or something like that, they had free basic courses and you could contact other students and help improving your mutual languages through conversation.

Livemocha! that was the name.

I don't know if it is still available. And somebody told me there was a site called busuu or so. But I never tried this one.

And in Madrid there are quite a few bars or cafeterias where they hold an "English night" per week where you can go and have a coffe and a chat.

www.jamesjoycemadrid.com
www.jandjbooksandcoffee.com
Iliria
Foroadicto

Mensaje por Iliria »

Thank you, DarkLady Juliet :60: Here in Valencia there are also some pubs offering English conversation. It sounds very interesting. Have you ever been in some of them?

Oh, I have visited Busuu website. I didn´t know it and it seems very cool. :60:
Si tienes un jardín y una biblioteca, tienes todo lo que necesitas - Cicerón :101:
-¿Y con wi-fi?
-Mejor.
lucia
Cruela de vil

Mensaje por lucia »

Buusu is great :)
Nuestra editorial: www.osapolar.es

Si cedes una libertad por egoísmo, acabarás perdiéndolas todas.

Imagen Mis diseños
Táranis

Mensaje por Táranis »

Hi there! I just found this thread and I thought I would join in :) I lived in the UK last year but I've been back in Spain for quite some time now, so I'm hoping that my English doesn't get rusty. I read books, I watch movies and tv shows in English all the time, but it's also good to speak and write in English every then and now. In fact, the only way I have right now to practice my spoken English is to try to think in this language :lol: (I found the last conversation topic very interesting because of this.)

Another thing is that I would like to obtain some official certificate to prove my English level. It should be something equivalent to a C1, but I don't know which cerficate would be the most useful... Anyway, I'm in no rush to do this, but it's something I have to investigate. And to finish this little introduction, if I can be of any help here I'll be happy to oblige!
DarkLady Juliet
Vivo aquí

Mensaje por DarkLady Juliet »

Welcome, Táranis!

Feel free to open threads and comment, we'd be more than happy to participate.
Iliria escribió:Thank you, DarkLady Juliet :60: Here in Valencia there are also some pubs offering English conversation. It sounds very interesting. Have you ever been in some of them?

:60:
No, unfortunately, due to other obligations (you know, work, family, commuting... occupy a big part of my day, oh, yeah, sleeping, I tend to forget that part :) ). But I met somebody when looking for these places that wanted to exchange swedish and we organized our own coffe talks, she went to these places sometimes and said that it was rewarding.
Larús
La enciclopedia

Mensaje por Larús »

Welcome Taranis!!!

I passed Cambridge FIRST exam years ago, and I can promise the day after I go through the exam I'm studying right now (not an English exam), I'll start preparing for Advanced or even Proficiency. I really don't know if Cambridge and other official exams are alike, though.
Ratpenat
Murciélago

Mensaje por Ratpenat »

Hi! :hola: It's the first time I post here.
Iliria escribió:Thank you, DarkLady Juliet :60: Here in Valencia there are also some pubs offering English conversation. It sounds very interesting. Have you ever been in some of them?

Oh, I have visited Busuu website. I didn´t know it and it seems very cool. :60:
Iliria, there are many exchange languages bars in Valencia. For instance I went to Ubik, to café Berlín, seven and another one I don't remember. There is also a facebook group for that, actually. Nowadays I don't go to any of them, but they still do it, I think.
Ratpenat
Murciélago

Mensaje por Ratpenat »

I was looking for a book in english. I really shouldn't buy books now as it is, because I have too many waiting to be read. Still I wanted to purchase one, so I went to París Valencia and bought this one:

Imagen

While I know pretty much what's going on with this one, I have not read it yet nor have I watched the movie. So let's see...

The cover is very nice, by the way.
Ratpenat
Murciélago

Mensaje por Ratpenat »

Looks like I'm alone in here, so I'll just put this vid to amuse myself. 8)

Enlace
LizzyDarcy
Vivo aquí

Mensaje por LizzyDarcy »

:hola:

Imagen

:lol: :lol:

I hope you like The boy in the striped pyjamas, i read it in Christmas time a lot of years ago, and it made me feel so sad, i like it but i didn't like beacause the bad feeling i felt. I don't know if i explained myself :roll:
Rocio_Mocuishle
No tengo vida social

Mensaje por Rocio_Mocuishle »

Hello everybody!!
Is someone studying the C1 level of Cambridge? I am at the academy and we are doing an exam these days. It's really difficult, not because of the language but for the few time we have to make the exercises.
Ayrween
Vivo aquí

Mensaje por Ayrween »

Hi, Rat, Lizzy and Rocío! :hola:

I read The boy in the sttripped pajamas some years ago, in Spanish. I liked it but it's a little sad.

I'm not studying English now but I guess your level is better than mine. C1 level is difficult.
Ratpenat
Murciélago

Mensaje por Ratpenat »

Hi, Liz, Rocío, Ayr :hola:

Yes, I like it. It's weird though, because being sad as it is, it's full of funny moments with the protagonist's misconceptions. Might get sadder afterwards, I guess. I don't read very fast myself, so we'll see.

Rocío, I don't know anything of the C1 Cambridge. Good luck! :D
IrisCornegie
Vivo aquí

Mensaje por IrisCornegie »

mariki
Vivo aquí

Mensaje por mariki »

I've tried to read the poem but it's very long and with words that I've never heard about them (much less pronounce them)
Responder