Do you speak English?

Dícese de los políglotas o practicantes de lenguas varias.

Moderador: Larús

happykent
Foroadicto

Re: Do you speak english?

Mensaje por happykent »

PinkClouD escribió:Hi!!

I did my Advanced Exam yesterday. I'm not very happy because I think I will fail. I'm strong with reading and the reading was extremely difficult so I don't know if I did it well. In any case, I can't do anything more now so today is my day off, I slept a lot of hours and I won't do anything, just reading and watching series.
Pink, how much time do they take to send you the results? I know that the Advanced exam is difficult, I hope you will pass! :)
Is this the first exam you took or you have to take the FCE first and then the Advanced?
PinkClouD
Foroadicto
Contactar:

Mensaje por PinkClouD »

They told me that the results will be available on 1, Feb :noooo:, I hope it will be sooner.

I took the FCE two years ago and I passed with 64! (the minimun is 60)

It's a difficult exam especially for the vocabulary, there are a lot of idioms and fixed phrases! Now I will try to study by myself because I don't want to spend more money on a Language Academy until I get a job. I will continue study with the Advanced Book and I will look up some student book for Proficiency (although I don't think that I will take this exam never because it's extremely difficult, especially the pronunciation but at least I will have more level than now.

How is the TOEFL?¿ Very difficult?
Larús
La enciclopedia

Mensaje por Larús »

Pink, I'm sorry to hear that. These kind of tests are usually twisted and confusing. English language is so wide...

I hope we can have good news by February. Now, forget about it and try to get back to routine :60:
LizzyDarcy
Vivo aquí

Mensaje por LizzyDarcy »

Pink, i couldn't afford to wait for so long to get the results. I hope it will arrive sooner.

These kind of reading are so difficult, but i hope you did it better than you think :D
PinkClouD
Foroadicto
Contactar:

Mensaje por PinkClouD »

Yes, I will tell you when I get the mark!

Thanks!
DarkLady Juliet
Vivo aquí

Mensaje por DarkLady Juliet »

PinkClouD escribió:They told me that the results will be available on 1, Feb :noooo:, I hope it will be sooner.

I took the FCE two years ago and I passed with 64! (the minimun is 60)

It's a difficult exam especially for the vocabulary, there are a lot of idioms and fixed phrases! Now I will try to study by myself because I don't want to spend more money on a Language Academy until I get a job. I will continue study with the Advanced Book and I will look up some student book for Proficiency (although I don't think that I will take this exam never because it's extremely difficult, especially the pronunciation but at least I will have more level than now.

Well, don't think about it until February. Hope you'll be gladly surprised and find that you have passed :D

I took TOEFL about a hundred years ago. It's difficult if you want to get a good grade, but you know, these exams do not depend exclusively on your language knowledge, you must practice a lot doing as many examples as possible because there are some very tricky questions.
PinkClouD
Foroadicto
Contactar:

Mensaje por PinkClouD »

So it's more or less like Cambridge Exams, they also have a lot of tricky questions
happykent
Foroadicto

Mensaje por happykent »

PinkClouD escribió:
I think that the two exams (FCE and TOEFL) are very different but in my opinion the Cambridge exams are harder. I started to prepare the FCE about five years ago but finally I couldn't continue studying, so I didn't take the exam. I remember that the Use of English part was pretty difficult and the vocabulary too.
On the other hand, I think that If you practice a lot of examples as DarkLady Juliet said, you can at least pass the TOEFL. I took it last Saturday, I hope to pass but I don't think my score will be very high . They are sending me the results on these days. In that way ETS is by far the quicker of the two, they are taking two weeks at the most to check on the exams.
I will tell you all when I receive my results :D

Pink, the TOEFL has four parts: Reading, Listening, Speaking and Writing parts. The first two are Multiple Choice; the three or four texts for the Reading are very long and have usually very tricky questions. There are six listenings and you have to take notes very quickly (you hear it only once) in order to respond the answers about what you heard.
Then, the Speaking has six questions and in four of them you have to integrate texts or spoken lectures and then speak about a specific question. Finally, for the writing, you have to write two essays in 50 minutes...
PinkClouD
Foroadicto
Contactar:

Mensaje por PinkClouD »

Happy Well, the listening seems to be more difficult in the TOELF because you only heard the record once, in Cambridge Exams we listen it twice and the writings on the one hand seems to be more difficult because you have to write two essays in a few time and essays are difficult but on the other hand you have to study only one kind of writing. In Cambridge Exams we have two writings too but it can be an essay, report, letter, review and so on, there are a lot of kind of writings and you have to know the structure and the vocabulary for each one of them.
And definitely the Use of English is the most difficult for me.
The fact that you have to wait only two weeks for the results is great!!!!! I hate to wate 1 month!!
Good luck with your results!!!
happykent
Foroadicto

Mensaje por happykent »

PinkClouD escribió:Happy Well, the listening seems to be more difficult in the TOELF because you only heard the record once, in Cambridge Exams we listen it twice and the writings on the one hand seems to be more difficult because you have to write two essays in a few time and essays are difficult but on the other hand you have to study only one kind of writing. In Cambridge Exams we have two writings too but it can be an essay, report, letter, review and so on, there are a lot of kind of writings and you have to know the structure and the vocabulary for each one of them.
And definitely the Use of English is the most difficult for me.
The fact that you have to wait only two weeks for the results is great!!!!! I hate to wate 1 month!!
Good luck with your results!!!
Thanks Pink! Please, think that one month will pass quickly, as did the 2015...
I received my results yesterday and I am so happy! :alegria: I got a 91 and for the schoolarship I want to apply I needed an 85. Excelent news to finish this year!
Ayrween
Vivo aquí

Mensaje por Ayrween »

Congratulations, Happy! :alegria:

Pink, I hope you have good results in your exam.
PinkClouD
Foroadicto
Contactar:

Mensaje por PinkClouD »

Congrats happy!!!!!! Now enjoy it
happykent
Foroadicto

Mensaje por happykent »

PinkClouD escribió:Congrats happy!!!!!! Now enjoy it
:60: :60: