Do you speak English?

Dícese de los políglotas o practicantes de lenguas varias.

Moderador: Larús

IrisCornegie
Vivo aquí

Re: Do you speak english?

Mensaje por IrisCornegie »

Imagen
Elisel
Vivo aquí

Mensaje por Elisel »

¡Qué bueno! :lol: Yo eso me lo añado a las clases con el trabalenguas del cuco :twisted:
Felicity
Comité de bienvenida
Contactar:

Mensaje por Felicity »

Hello :hola:

Which plans have you got for the next Bank Holidays?

****What is a Bank Holiday: Bank holidays is the word that English people use to mean "public Holiday day". Name becomes as per the banks are closed all those festive days. Like in Spain.
Recuento 2024
Nos pasamos años sin vivir en absoluto, y de pronto toda nuestra vida se concentra en un solo instante (Oscar Wilde)
PinkClouD
Foroadicto
Contactar:

Mensaje por PinkClouD »

I don´t have any special plan for this bank holiday. Today I have a lunch with my family-in-law and the rest of the days I will be studying because the next Saturday I have my Advanced's Exam :dragon: , and you?
Bronia
Vivo aquí

Mensaje por Bronia »

Hi guys!
I love NY accent and way to talk. The thing is people here write and talk missing words and stuff... And I get so confused, especially in the writting because they don't do grammar properly. The use of will or would, has or have (like it hasn't been approved or haven't been approved) isn't like the books. But I love it though... I'm just worried that the English I'm learning it just gonna help me only here. Lets see
Felicity
Comité de bienvenida
Contactar:

Mensaje por Felicity »

PinkClouD escribió:I don´t have any special plan for this bank holiday. Today I have a lunch with my family-in-law and the rest of the days I will be studying because the next Saturday I have my Advanced's Exam :dragon: , and you?
I will be Working, firstly at my parents Restaurant; secondly I have to do some papers for the University, so i'm studing online :)

Bronia thanks to my stay in UK I can speak with locals properly, so trust me; the "american" or "Newyorker" probably would be more useful for your daily english life :60:
Recuento 2024
Nos pasamos años sin vivir en absoluto, y de pronto toda nuestra vida se concentra en un solo instante (Oscar Wilde)
LizzyDarcy
Vivo aquí

Mensaje por LizzyDarcy »

:hola: Hi!! Thanks Felicity, because of the explanation about bank Holiday, that I didn't know.

My plans for this Bank Holiday, yesterday I went to do some shopping, today Christmas decoration and a little bit of cleaning, tomorrow lunch with some friends I haven't seen for months and tuesday see a basketball game.

Bronia I think you are lucky, you're learning very much, it's true that for a grammar exam it could be so useful, but for other things it's great. For example I know a lot of grammar, but I need knowing more idioms.
PinkClouD
Foroadicto
Contactar:

Mensaje por PinkClouD »

Bronia what you are doing is great, it must be an amazing experience so don't worry. Even in UK the grammar is not so important as for the exams, we as Spanish know a lot of more grammar that the English native. In fact, a lot of expressions that we have to learn are no longer in use. At least in the case of the Cambridge exams.

I have been studying so hard these last months for the exam and listening so much English that I almost dream in English and with the idioms and fixed expressions :lol: :lol:
Bronia
Vivo aquí

Mensaje por Bronia »

That´s true pink!

At work, I have to compose a lot of emails to embassies and medical advisors. My co-workers, americans all of them, always ask me if what they say and how they say it it´s properly in grammar :lol:
PinkClouD
Foroadicto
Contactar:

Mensaje por PinkClouD »

Jajajaj that's funny, you know much better the English grammar than themselves!!

I always said that we have to study a lot of grammar than then, if you move to an English country you will never use. For me, it will be better to learn more about the English that is currently in use.
Rocio_Mocuishle
No tengo vida social

Mensaje por Rocio_Mocuishle »

Hi !!!

I like to read you. Last week something really good happened to me in the academy where I am(was) studying B2 Cambridge level! Two weeks ago, we did an exam to see how we were doing, and mine was so good that the boss in the academy talked to me and asked me if I wanted to change my B2 classes for C1 ones!! I was so thrilled and nervous at the same time. Finally, I accepted. And now in my new class I'm overwhelmed because I think they have better level than me, they talk so eloquently, I'm not even close! Let's see how I feel the next days.

Answering the Felicity question, I think that I'm going to study English (there's a lot to catch up with). Also, in my town (in Jaen) is celebrated an "Olive Oil" Fest the 8th, and there's a lot of people in here. So I'll go out with some friends, and sadly say goodbye to one of them because she is going to work far away.
PinkClouD
Foroadicto
Contactar:

Mensaje por PinkClouD »

Rocio that's great!!!! It means that you have a very good level! It doesn't matter if your classmates speak better than you, as the time goes by you will speak much better!
happykent
Foroadicto

Mensaje por happykent »

PinkClouD escribió:Bronia what you are doing is great, it must be an amazing experience so don't worry. Even in UK the grammar is not so important as for the exams, we as Spanish know a lot of more grammar that the English native. In fact, a lot of expressions that we have to learn are no longer in use. At least in the case of the Cambridge exams.

I have been studying so hard these last months for the exam and listening so much English that I almost dream in English and with the idioms and fixed expressions :lol: :lol:
Likewise Pink :60: I also dream with English (American in my case). I hope we will do very good in our exams :)
Bronia
Vivo aquí

Mensaje por Bronia »

I've heard that when your dreams are in English you already got it and you can call yourself bilingual hahaha. I haven't got there yet... A complete dream all in English? I wish!
PinkClouD
Foroadicto
Contactar:

Mensaje por PinkClouD »

Hi!!

I did my Advanced Exam yesterday. I'm not very happy because I think I will fail. I'm strong with reading and the reading was extremely difficult so I don't know if I did it well. In any case, I can't do anything more now so today is my day off, I slept a lot of hours and I won't do anything, just reading and watching series.
Responder