English books miniclubs 2017

Dícese de los políglotas o practicantes de lenguas varias.

Moderador: Larús

Mochuelo
No tengo vida social

Re: English books miniclubs 2015

Mensaje por Mochuelo »

I need improve my english. I'm in
Felicity
Comité de bienvenida
Contactar:

Mensaje por Felicity »

Ayrween escribió:I have it in ebook, Feli. If you want it, just say it and which format you prefer. :wink:
Thanks!!! Will try to joín in so... But could not promise, depend on my exams :60:
Recuento 2024
Nos pasamos años sin vivir en absoluto, y de pronto toda nuestra vida se concentra en un solo instante (Oscar Wilde)
DarkLady Juliet
Vivo aquí

Mensaje por DarkLady Juliet »

I'm reading "The Martian" right now. Anyone would like to join?
Larús
La enciclopedia

Mensaje por Larús »

DarkLady Juliet escribió:I'm reading "The Martian" right now. Anyone would like to join?
That's Andy Weir´s, right? I dont´t think I´ll join, I don´t feel like reading CiFi right now, but thanks :60:
DarkLady Juliet
Vivo aquí

larousse86 escribió: That's Andy Weir´s, right? I dont´t think I´ll join, I don´t feel like reading CiFi right now, but thanks :60:
Yes, that's it.

But it's kind of light SciFi
I'm a liar
:twisted:

:60: Thanks for answering, anyway. My next book in English will be "The Secret Garden" by Kate Morton. There's a MC soon.

I just checked, not that soon, it's on April 8.
Larús
La enciclopedia

Mensaje por Larús »

I already read "The secret garden" in Spanish but if I'm not very busy by April I might join you, thanks for telling.

By the way, you're right, it's Sci-Fi, not CiFi :roll: I should think more before writing :lol:
Ayrween
Vivo aquí

Mensaje por Ayrween »

DarkLady, The Forgotten Garden? You and me read it in a MC some time ago, if I'm not wrong. Maybe you want to reread, in this case I've said nothing.

We are reading The Curious Incident of the Dog in Night-Time on February 5th. If you want to join :mrgreen:
LizzyDarcy
Vivo aquí

Mensaje por LizzyDarcy »

DarkLady Juliet escribió:I'm reading "The Martian" right now. Anyone would like to join?
I'm so busy at this moment and I can't. And "The secret garden" I've already read it, but as larousse said, if i'm not too busy when you read it maybe i'll join because I liked so much and I don't mind to re-read it.
DarkLady Juliet
Vivo aquí

Ayrween escribió:DarkLady, The Forgotten Garden? You and me read it in a MC some time ago, if I'm not wrong. Maybe you want to reread, in this case I've said nothing.

We are reading The Curious Incident of the Dog in Night-Time on February 5th. If you want to join :mrgreen:
LizzyDarcy escribió:. And "The secret garden" I've already read it, but as larousse said, if i'm not too busy when you read it maybe i'll join because I liked so much and I don't mind to re-read it.
:60: I'm so glad you're here... No, both of you are right, that's not the one I wanted to read :oops: It's another one: The Secret Keeper, I think (¿El cumpleaños secreto?)

I read "the curious..." a few years ago, in english also, I think. I won't re-read it by now, I'd rather explore unread books first. :wink: Not much time, so many books, you know.
Larús
La enciclopedia

Mensaje por Larús »

DarkLady Juliet escribió:that's not the one I wanted to read :oops: It's another one: The Secret Keeper, I think (¿El cumpleaños secreto?)
I started reading that one in Spanish... and I found it so boring I had to leave it. So I don't think I'll join you :lol:

Maybe another one :60:
DarkLady Juliet
Vivo aquí

Larousse, :no: Neither Martian, nor Keeper... :cry: :cry:

And you say The Secret Keeper is boring? :shock: Should I choose another one, instead? I liked The Forgotten Garden, though.
Ayrween
Vivo aquí

Mensaje por Ayrween »

OK, it's another one of the same author. I haven't read The Secret Keeper and I don't think I will in the MC in April. Not much time, so many books, as you say.

I read the Curous Incident some years ago, but in Spanish.

I liked The Secret Garden and The House at Riverton. This one, I don't know.
mariki
Vivo aquí

Mensaje por mariki »

I'm going to read The Secret Keeper in April, I don't mind to read it in English or Spanish. I've also read The Secret Garden and I liked too. I think that the "problem" with this author is that all her books are the same kind, and it could be boring when you have read some of them. Anyway, I'm going to read it in April, last year I read so little in English that I feel a bit guilty :oops:
DarkLady Juliet
Vivo aquí

Great Mariki! We have MC, then? :alegria: :alegria:

Larousse, could you please edit the first message in this thread? So, it will look like we have more than one English MC per year :cunao:
mariki
Vivo aquí

Mensaje por mariki »

Yes, we have MC :alegria: One thing, are we going to comment in the same thread in Spanish or create a new one?

I've promised myself to read at least one book per month in English. Last year, only 4 :(
Responder