English books miniclubs 2017

Dícese de los políglotas o practicantes de lenguas varias.

Moderador: Larús

Larús
La enciclopedia

Re: English books miniclubs 2015

Mensaje por Larús »

I see you're reading a lot in English this summer :D
Aben Razín
Vivo aquí

Mensaje por Aben Razín »

Today, it's my first appearance in this conversation... :D

During this summer, I have to read this novel to prepare the next course in the EOI. The title is Sherlock Holmes Stories... :lista:

For the moment, I like this detective novel because it's very enjoyable! :wink:
Pasado: El coraje de ser de Mónica Cavallé.

Presente: Los perdedores de la Historia de España de Fernando García de Cortázar.

Futuro: La deseada de Maryse Condé.
Larús
La enciclopedia

Mensaje por Larús »

Aben, welcome!! I hope it's not the last one :60:

Is it the complete Sherlock Holmes saga? an adaptation? I hope you enjoy it :D
Aben Razín
Vivo aquí

Mensaje por Aben Razín »

larousse86 escribió:Aben, welcome!! I hope it's not the last one :60:

Is it the complete Sherlock Holmes saga? an adaptation? I hope you enjoy it :D
Thanks for your welcome, larousse :60:

I usually read two books during the summer. In my opinion, it's very useful to prepare the next course. I hope so!... :roll:

I think it's not the complete saga. In fact, it's an adaptation for my English Level -the second course of intermediate level- :wink:

See you :hola:

Presente: Los perdedores de la Historia de España de Fernando García de Cortázar.

Aben Razín
Vivo aquí

Mensaje por Aben Razín »

larousse :60:

The publisher, which this book is printed, is The Black Cat -Publishing Cideb-. This publishing house is very interesting because all the novels are graduated for differents reader levels. In this case, this detective novel has the book and the CD.

Greetings :hola:
Última edición por Aben Razín el 08 Jul 2015 13:35, editado 1 vez en total.

Aben Razín
Vivo aquí

Mensaje por Aben Razín »

By the way, I'm reading Wuthering Heights by Emily Brontë... :wink:

This last course, I have read this novel, but I like revising during this month!... :lista:

Larús
La enciclopedia

Mensaje por Larús »

Aben Razín escribió:By the way, I'm reading Wuthering Heights by Emily Brontë... :wink:
Don't you think this one is hard to read in English, Aben? I found it slightly difficult even in Spanish :lol: I guess that language changes a little bit from ours
Aben Razín
Vivo aquí

Mensaje por Aben Razín »

larousse86 escribió:Don't you think this one is hard to read in English, Aben? I found it slightly difficult even in Spanish :lol: I guess that language changes a little bit from ours
In my opinion, this novel is very difficult because it is a psychological protrait and an autobiography, too. For example, the rude personality of few character.

As for the language, Emily Brönte wrote this novel in 1847, that is in the beginning of Victorian ages. I think it is a question very important to understand this book.

Ayrween
Vivo aquí

Mensaje por Ayrween »

I love Wuthering Heights :D but I've only read it in Spanish. Is it the original version, Aben? I think it must be quite difficult for the vocabulary.
Aben Razín
Vivo aquí

Mensaje por Aben Razín »

Ayrween escribió:I love Wuthering Heights :D but I've only read it in Spanish.

I think it's a splendid piece of art. I read this novel during the last cours in the EOI.
Ayrween escribió:Is it the original version, Aben? I think it must be quite difficult for the vocabulary.
No, it's an adaptation for my English level, although I have found some words and expressions very complicated for my level... :roll:

See you, Ayrween :60: and thanks a lot for your opinion and participation... :wink:

IsaPerséfone
No tengo vida social
Contactar:

Mensaje por IsaPerséfone »

Aben Razín escribió:larousse :60:

The publisher, which this book is printed, is The Black Cat -Publishing Cideb-. This publishing house is very interesting because all the novels are graduated for differents reader levels. In this case, this detective novel has the book and the CD.

Greetings :hola:
I have some adapted books from that publisher. We used to read it a lot in highschool and I think theyr adaptations are really good.

Btw, will you allow me to correct a little mistake? Instead of saying "which this book is printed" you can say "which printed this book" or "which this book was printed by". I think thats the correct way to say that :wink: :60:

I have never read Wuthering Heights. Its one of those books I want to read very badly and, at the same time, Im affraid Im not gonna be able to finnish it as it seems kinda "hard" to read :shock:
Larús
La enciclopedia

Mensaje por Larús »

IsaPerséfone escribió: I have never read Wuthering Heights. Its one of those books I want to read very badly and, at the same time, Im affraid Im not gonna be able to finnish it as it seems kinda "hard" to read :shock:
Me too!! We could program a MC starting from September - October
despite I could give up in page 4 :lol:
Aben Razín
Vivo aquí

Mensaje por Aben Razín »

IsaPerséfone escribió:Btw, will you allow me to correct a little mistake? Instead of saying "which this book is printed" you can say "which printed this book" or "which this book was printed by". I think thats the correct way to say that :wink: :60:

Thank you for this correction. I have past the writing, but I usually do some mistakes... :(
IsaPerséfone escribió:I have never read Wuthering Heights. Its one of those books I want to read very badly and, at the same time, Im affraid Im not gonna be able to finnish it as it seems kinda "hard" to read :shock:
Try on, you can, Isa! :60:
Última edición por Aben Razín el 10 Jul 2015 09:54, editado 1 vez en total.

LizzyDarcy
Vivo aquí

Mensaje por LizzyDarcy »

Last year I read Wuthering Heights, at first I tried to read it in English, because I'm used to reading in English lot of victorian books, Austen, Gaskell,... But I found this one specially difficult, so there were parts, I had to read it in Spanish.
Aben Razín
Vivo aquí

Mensaje por Aben Razín »

LizzyDarcy escribió:Last year I read Wuthering Heights, at first I tried to read it in English, because I'm used to reading in English lot of victorian books, Austen, Gaskell,... But I found this one specially difficult, so there were parts, I had to read it in Spanish.
So in your case you have read some writers of the Victorian age, I think that you should understand much better the context and the word... :roll:

Responder