English books miniclubs 2017

Dícese de los políglotas o practicantes de lenguas varias.

Moderador: Larús

Ayrween
Vivo aquí

Re: English books miniclubs 2015

Mensaje por Ayrween »

I haven't read I am legend or seen any of the films based on the novel. I didn't know it has three versions.
Última edición por Ayrween el 05 May 2015 00:07, editado 1 vez en total.
diruizp
Lector voraz

Mensaje por diruizp »

The spoiler is now hidden. I don't know if there's the same scene in the book, but you're right. I've only seen Will Smith's movie, I didn't know there were more versions.
Kiu multe legas kaj multe marŝas, tiu multe vidas kaj scias multon
DarkLady Juliet
Vivo aquí

Mensaje por DarkLady Juliet »

I edited my previous message. Reason: lack of concordance subject-verb :eusa_wall: :eusa_wall: :eusa_wall:

Lizzy, join us in Fatherland

I saw the film ages ago, yes, there is also a film on this one :mrgreen: (one or two, I'm not as updated as I'd like :mrgreen: )
mariki
Vivo aquí

Mensaje por mariki »

Ahmmm, OK... I didn't know that there were different versions of the movies :wink: All clear now!!
IsaPerséfone
No tengo vida social
Contactar:

Mensaje por IsaPerséfone »

Hi :hola:
I didn't knew this thread existed :cunao: I dont thik I can join you in any of the mcs you have already planed because Im busy with my English classes and I do usually read whatever I feel like reading until exams (both in Spanish and English because I need to relax my mind), but I would like to know what you might read during summer so, I will be around here sometimes :cunao:
LizzyDarcy
Vivo aquí

Mensaje por LizzyDarcy »

Welcome Isa :60:

We could think in a book for reading in summer, it's a good idea :wink:
Larús
La enciclopedia

Mensaje por Larús »

LizzyDarcy escribió:
We could think in a book for reading in summer, it's a good idea :wink:
Isa, welcome!! :60:

That coud be great, propose any book you have in mind and we join and read all together in a MC :D
IsaPerséfone
No tengo vida social
Contactar:

:hola:

I've been looking at my to-be-read list and Im gonna leave you here 3 titles. But, of course, there is no need to read those ones or to read them all. In case anyone of you wants to read something different, just leave a suggestion and we can decide ;)

Aristotle and Dante Discover the Secrets of the Universe
by Benjamin Alire Sáenz
Aristotle is an angry teen with a brother in prison. Dante is a know-it-all who has an unusual way of looking at the world. When the two meet at the swimming pool, they seem to have nothing in common. But as the loners start spending time together, they discover that they share a special friendship—the kind that changes lives and lasts a lifetime. And it is through this friendship that Ari and Dante will learn the most important truths about themselves and the kind of people they want to be.

The Light Between Oceans
by M.L. Stedman
After four harrowing years on the Western Front, Tom Sherbourne returns to Australia and takes a job as the lighthouse keeper on Janus Rock, nearly half a day’s journey from the coast. To this isolated island, where the supply boat comes once a season and shore leaves are granted every other year at best, Tom brings a young, bold, and loving wife, Isabel. Years later, after two miscarriages and one stillbirth, the grieving Isabel hears a baby’s cries on the wind. A boat has washed up onshore carrying a dead man and a living baby.

All the Light We Cannot See
by Anthony Doerr
Marie-Laure lives with her father in Paris near the Museum of Natural History, where he works as the master of its thousands of locks. When she is six, Marie-Laure goes blind and her father builds a perfect miniature of their neighborhood so she can memorize it by touch and navigate her way home. When Marie-Laure is twelve, the Nazis occupy Paris, and father and daughter flee to the walled citadel of Saint-Malo, where Marie-Laure’s reclusive great-uncle lives in a tall house by the sea. With them they carry what might be the museum’s most valuable and dangerous jewel.
Ayrween
Vivo aquí

Mensaje por Ayrween »

So many time without coming here :roll:

Have you started with any of them, Isa?

I want to read one you recommended, The sea of tranquility.
IsaPerséfone
No tengo vida social
Contactar:

Ayrween escribió:So many time without coming here :roll:

Have you started with any of them, Isa?

I want to read one you recommended, The sea of tranquility.
I read "Aristotle and Dante" last week because I didnt knew what to read next and a friend told me to read that one. It was really good. Im reading "All the lights we cannot see" now but Im going very slow because I dont really have too much time :|

I really loved that one. I think you are gonna like it too :) I saw it was published in Spanish a few weeks ago. Or, at least, casa del libro says so.

Any recommendations?
Larús
La enciclopedia

Mensaje por Larús »

Matheson's MC starts today :D

I just opened the thread: I am legend
Ayrween
Vivo aquí

Mensaje por Ayrween »

Thank you, Larousse, but I can't join this time. I'm not in the mood to read in English these days, anyway.

Isa, some day I'll read The Sea of Tranquility, and I intend to do in English :cunao:

All the Light We Cannot See looks nice.
Dayra
Lector voraz

Mensaje por Dayra »

I would like to read " I'm leyend " or something title like this, because the film was so great but i don't know if it is a good idea to read some story that i saw in a film, what do you think? does anybody read this book?

:roll: :roll:
Larús
La enciclopedia

Mensaje por Larús »

Dayra escribió:I would like to read " I'm leyend " or something title like this, because the film was so great but i don't know if it is a good idea to read some story that i saw in a film, what do you think? does anybody read this book?

:roll: :roll:
Hello Dayra!

We were suposed to start a MC of this novel (I am legend) on May, 20, although it seems everyone is so busy and the MC is quite still.

This is the thread of the book in case you want to start to read and write down your opinion: I am legend

I havent't seen the movie so I have no previous opinion and I don't know how the adaptation is :|

:60:
PinkClouD
Foroadicto
Contactar:

Mensaje por PinkClouD »

On 17 of July IsaPerséfone and I are going to do a MC of "The Girl on the Train" by Paula Hawkins
Responder