English books miniclubs 2017

Dícese de los políglotas o practicantes de lenguas varias.

Moderador: Larús

IsaPerséfone
No tengo vida social
Contactar:

Re: English books miniclubs 2015

Mensaje por IsaPerséfone »

Aben, you're welcome. And dont worry, I do make mistakes too :cunao:

Larús, yes, sure, why not? I have a MC at the begining of September, so we can place it from the 15th or so if you can :wink: And Im willing to read it on Spanish or English, so, as you wish :cunao: :wink:
Aben Razín
Vivo aquí

Mensaje por Aben Razín »

IsaPerséfone escribió:Aben, you're welcome. And dont worry, I do make mistakes too :cunao:
Thank you for you empathy, Isa :60:
Pasado: El coraje de ser de Mónica Cavallé.

Presente: Los perdedores de la Historia de España de Fernando García de Cortázar.

Futuro: La deseada de Maryse Condé.
Larús
La enciclopedia

Mensaje por Larús »

Isa, September 15th, as you say? I can't assure I finish it in English, but I can try :lol: At least, we can comment in English (or in both threads) :D
LizzyDarcy escribió:Last year I read Wuthering Heights, at first I tried to read it in English, because I'm used to reading in English lot of victorian books, Austen, Gaskell,... But I found this one specially difficult, so there were parts, I had to read it in Spanish.
:| Let's give it a try :cunao:
fresa_charly
Vivo aquí

Mensaje por fresa_charly »

Now I'm studying for the First Certification Exam, so will be great to read more in english and to share comments with another people

So, tough Wuthering heigts[/i] seems to be a hard book, I've decided joining the MC :wink:

Enviado desde mi GT-I9506 mediante Tapatalk
¿Te apuntas a nuestro MC trimestral sobre FEMINISMO?

Voy a recorrer el mundo con la literatura. Puedes ver mi viaje en el BLOG Un país, un libro
Pegeen
No tengo vida social

Mensaje por Pegeen »

Are you going to read Wuthering Heights in English? I agree that looks quite difficult to read, even in Spanish. :cunao: I read it 6 or 7 years ago and I really liked it but I don't feel like I could understand it at all if I had to read it in English. Maybe another time I can join to an English MC, it sounds really interesting. :D
J.Alberto

Mensaje por J.Alberto »

I haven't read Wuthering Heigts, but it's the kind of book you are asked to work on when you study subjects related to English narrative, so it can become an overwhelming task to face its reading. In my view, it's important to know the plot so as to prevent you find several difficulties. By the way, be patient when choosing a book that isn't written in your mother tongue. The beginning may be hard, but you get used to the book page after page.
PinkClouD
Foroadicto
Contactar:

Mensaje por PinkClouD »

I've never read Wuthering heigts so maybe I will join with you to the MC but I think I will read it in Spanish :lol: :lol: I will try do it in English but it seems extremly difficult.
fresa_charly
Vivo aquí

Mensaje por fresa_charly »

Pegeen escribió:Are you going to read Wuthering Heights in English? I agree that looks quite difficult to read, even in Spanish. :cunao: I read it 6 or 7 years ago and I really liked it but I don't feel like I could understand it at all if I had to read it in English. Maybe another time I can join to an English MC, it sounds really interesting. :D
I've read it twice in spanish, so the story is yet known to me :wink: And we'd always get a bilingual edition :lista:

Enviado desde mi GT-I9506 mediante Tapatalk
¿Te apuntas a nuestro MC trimestral sobre FEMINISMO?

Voy a recorrer el mundo con la literatura. Puedes ver mi viaje en el BLOG Un país, un libro
IsaPerséfone
No tengo vida social
Contactar:

Mensaje por IsaPerséfone »

15th of September sounds fine.
We can do this: we try to read it in English but, if we find it hard to understand, we change to Spanish but we comment it in English, so that we practice the writing and help each other's with our mistakes?

And, just to remember in case someone wants to join, Pink and I are gonna do a MC on "The girl on the train" this month. On the 17th :wink:
Aben Razín
Vivo aquí

Mensaje por Aben Razín »

I have already read the Sherlock Holmes Stories... :wink:

I think that Sherlock Holmes is the cleverest detective in the world, more or less!. His capacity of deduction is very incredible and he gets to explain the unusual cases of murders. For example, in the case of The Speckled Band, the solution of the investigation is amazing!

I invite you to read this book of mystery. It's fascinating!!

See you :hola:
Pasado: El coraje de ser de Mónica Cavallé.

Presente: Los perdedores de la Historia de España de Fernando García de Cortázar.

Futuro: La deseada de Maryse Condé.
Larús
La enciclopedia

Mensaje por Larús »

IsaPerséfone escribió:15th of September sounds fine.
We can do this: we try to read it in English but, if we find it hard to understand, we change to Spanish but we comment it in English, so that we practice the writing and help each other's with our mistakes?
Sounds like a great plan to me :D

Aben, thanks for the recommendation :60:
happykent
Foroadicto

Mensaje por happykent »

LizzyDarcy escribió:Last year I read Wuthering Heights, at first I tried to read it in English, because I'm used to reading in English lot of victorian books, Austen, Gaskell,... But I found this one specially difficult, so there were parts, I had to read it in Spanish.
Hello Everybody! :luxhello: I wonder, Why I haven't discovered this thread until now? :icon_no_tenteras:

Lizzy, I also try to read Wuthering Heights in English but for me it was more complicated than Jane Austen books, I could understand it but it tooked me a lot of time. So, I read in Spanish and finished it :D

September the 15th would be perfect for me :lista: . Now that I have already finish the Spanish version, it would be great to read it in English!
Pegeen
No tengo vida social

Mensaje por Pegeen »

IsaPerséfone escribió: And, just to remember in case someone wants to join, Pink and I are gonna do a MC on "The girl on the train" this month. On the 17th :wink:
What's that book about? Next week I will probably finish the book I'm reading now, and I don't know which book will be the next one yet. :mrgreen:
PinkClouD
Foroadicto
Contactar:

Mensaje por PinkClouD »

It´s a thriller, a murdered, a mysterious novel. It is said that is the book of the summer but we know what happens with betsellers, so I don't know. At least it seems entertained and easy reading
Larús
La enciclopedia

Mensaje por Larús »

Pegeen escribió: What's that book about? Next week I will probably finish the book I'm reading now, and I don't know which book will be the next one yet. :mrgreen:

Hi, Pegeen :hola:

Here you have the thread of the book: The girl on the train

And the thread in Spanish: La chica del tren

Come join us the MC :D
happykent escribió:
Hello Everybody! :luxhello: I wonder, Why I haven't discovered this thread until now? :icon_no_tenteras:
Welcome!!! :60:
Responder