Eat, Pray, Love - Elizabeth Gilbert

Dícese de los políglotas o practicantes de lenguas varias.

Moderador: Larús

happykent
Foroadicto

Re: Eat, Pray, Love - Elizabeth Gilbert

Mensaje por happykent »

mariki escribió:I'll be a bit late. I'm stuck with a book, I have to start another pretty short and no time at all :? I'll try to join next week
Yes, I will try to finish with To kill a Mockingbird this weekend. I hope to start with Eat, Pray and Love about Monday...
Pegeen
No tengo vida social

Mensaje por Pegeen »

I'm late too. I'll try to join you as soon as possible!
happykent
Foroadicto

Mensaje por happykent »

I am with it! Read till chapter 10. I like very much the writer's style, is witty ,easy to read and funny sometimes.

Liz
was married and have a "perfect life": good job, successful career, a beautiful house in the suburbs. Nevertheless, one day she decided to separate and they entered into a troubled process of divorce because of his husband. Meantime, she moved in with another man inmediately after she left her husband and their relationship was well at the beginning. But after some time, problems began because it was a rebound relationship for her.
She looked for assistance an decided to travel for a year to the three I's: Italy, India and Indonesia.
Now she is living in Italy and has met a man named Giovanni who is teaching her Italian. She has imposed to herself celibacy...
I am enjoying it :D
Larús
La enciclopedia

Mensaje por Larús »

Ops... I'm late too...
mariki
Vivo aquí

Mensaje por mariki »

I'm sorry for starting so late :oops: I've read the first chapter so far. It's curious how the book is structured
happykent
Foroadicto

Mensaje por happykent »

mariki escribió:I'm sorry for starting so late :oops: I've read the first chapter so far. It's curious how the book is structured
Great mariki! :60: Now we are two reading it :D
Larús
La enciclopedia

Mensaje por Larús »

I really wanted to join, but i don't think I can make it on time :( I will read it, though, I don't know when... :|
happykent
Foroadicto

Mensaje por happykent »

larousse86 escribió:I really wanted to join, but i don't think I can make it on time :( I will read it, though, I don't know when... :|
Don't worry Larousse :60: I am reading the book very slowly because I don't have much time...
Pegeen
No tengo vida social

Mensaje por Pegeen »

I'm reading it right now as well, quite slowly though. I got it also in Spanish, in order to alternate both versions just in case the vocabulary was difficult or tough, but for now it hasn't been necessary. :)
mariki
Vivo aquí

Mensaje por mariki »

The style and the vocabulary seem to be pretty easy. I think that I haven't searched for any word yet. Although I have read very little. I think that I'm on chapter 5 or 6. I want to read some other books at the same time, so I'll be slow as well.

Larousse, whenever you want. We'll be here even though we finish the book :wink:
happykent
Foroadicto

Mensaje por happykent »

I have finished the Italy part and now I will start with India (35% of the total).

Liz at Italy experiments almost every pleasure (except for sex) and while reading it, it was imposible for me not to wish to eat italian pizza and pasta :babear:
This book makes you also want to travel not only to Italy but all around the world. It is a great experience.

I liked very much Liz reflections when she ended the first part of her trip:
she went to Sicily, the most poor and dangerous part of Italy because of the mafia. There she made a lot of very important reflections regarding herself and what she learnt from her journey so far. I liked the analogy between the mess of her life and people's situation there. They suffered but resisted and continue moving on. In Italy she gained many pounds of weight but improved very much in spirit and health.
happykent
Foroadicto

Mensaje por happykent »

I am starting Chapter 39. I am not finding the India part as much interesting as the Italy one. Maybe it is because I am not very much interested in Gurus and all that stuff.
Responder