Harry Potter and the Cursed Child by Jack Thorne/J.K. Rowlin

Dícese de los políglotas o practicantes de lenguas varias.

Moderador: Larús

LizzyDarcy
Vivo aquí

Mensaje por LizzyDarcy »

Imagen

Title: Harry Potter and the cursed child
Author: Jack Thorne.
Editor: Little Brown
Edition year: 2016

It was always difficult being Harry Potter and it isn't much easier now that he is an overworked employee of the Ministry of Magic, a husband, and father of three school-age children.

While Harry grapples with a past that refuses to stay where it belongs, his youngest son Albus must struggle with the weight of a family legacy he never wanted. As past and present fuse ominously, both father and son learn the uncomfortable truth: sometimes, darkness comes from unexpected places.
LizzyDarcy
Vivo aquí

Re: Harry Potter and the Cursed Child by Jack Thorne/J.K. Ro

Mensaje por LizzyDarcy »

Tomorrow we're starting with the reading :alegria: :alegria:
pikoo
No tengo vida social

Mensaje por pikoo »

Yep. I'm here :-)
Leyendo:
Juramentada - Brandon Sanderson
La biblioteca de París - Janet Skeslien Charles
mariki
Vivo aquí

Mensaje por mariki »

I'll start it as soon as I finish the one I'm reading, probably tonight :)
happykent
Foroadicto

Mensaje por happykent »

:luxhello:

I'm here too :)
LizzyDarcy
Vivo aquí

Mensaje por LizzyDarcy »

I've read the scenes one and two and I find it easy to read.

In the scene three, Albuss and Rose
try to choose friends forever and they find Scorpius, Draco Malfoy's son.
mariki
Vivo aquí

Mensaje por mariki »

I'm at A.I, s.5. So far, it's easy to read, and it has some surprises :lol: I have a question:
why does Rose say "Thank Dumbledore" when she takes off the Sorting Hat?
I was a bit nutty reading the first pages and thinking that everything sounded familiar, until I realised it was the same as the final chapter of HP7 :lol:
happykent
Foroadicto

Mensaje por happykent »

I am at the Act I, part V too :) . I felt a weird sensation while reading it because the first part of the first chapter is the same that happened on the epilogue of the seventh book of HP, but evidently not written by Rowling...
I always liked the idea of:
one of Harry's children ending in Slytherin and becoming best friend of Draco's son, but I never imagine that Harry could have a bad relationship with a child of his :shock: It must be difficult to be the son of a very famous wizard, but most of the times I don't like Albus's attitude :noooo:
The friendship between
Albus and Scorpius is very cute :D
I was astonished with the rumors of Scorpius beeing a son of Voldemort! :ojos4: I cannot imagine Voldy having thoughts about sex :grinno:
The book is very simply to read, but so far I cannot say if I am liking it or not.
mariki escribió:I'm at A.I, s.5. So far, it's easy to read, and it has some surprises :lol: I have a question:
:meditando: You are right! It has no sense! :noooo: Lizzy, what do you think of that?
LizzyDarcy
Vivo aquí

Mensaje por LizzyDarcy »

happykent escribió:
mariki escribió:I'm at A.I, s.5. So far, it's easy to read, and it has some surprises :lol: I have a question:
:meditando: You are right! It has no sense! :noooo: Lizzy, what do you think of that?
I was surprised too, i didn't understand it :nono:

I read act One, it's a very easy reading, i like it but ... I have the feeling there is something missing, i don't know how explain it.
happykent escribió:I always liked the idea of:
one of Harry's children ending in Slytherin and becoming best friend of Draco's son, but I never imagine that Harry could have a bad relationship with a child of his It must be difficult to be the son of a very famous wizard, but most of the times I don't like Albus's attitude
I agree with you Happy, i like the idea of one of Harry's son
ending in Slytherin but i don't like Albus attitude, i think he's not fair with his dad.
Now the adventure
to save Cedric, i don't know how could end.
pikoo
No tengo vida social

Mensaje por pikoo »

Hello! I am here too.
I think I am in the scene 5 of the first act. Until now, I like it but I'm still adapting to the fact that the scenes change very fast.
I was surprised about
that Albus is in Slytherin, and I agree with you, his attitude is really bad. And what about that Rose and Albus are not friends at all and they are just pretending in front of their parents?
I don't know if I like it or not yet. But it's really easy to read, which is a good thing for me because is the first original English book I read (in the meaning of any adaptation)
Leyendo:
mariki
Vivo aquí

Mensaje por mariki »

I've progressed a bit more (or a lot :cunao: ) Act 3, scene 13

There were a few surprises, like
Albus in Slytherin, Hermione as a Minister, Albus and Scorpius friends... But the funniest was the rumours about Scorpius being Voldy's son :meparto: I think that the book is worthy just for that idea :meparto:
The plan of
going back in time to save Cedric was doomed to failure since the beginning. Of course it could be wonderful to have Cedric back, and maybe, other characters who died like Fred and the Lupins, but just with having Cedric back, it could have disastrous with the butterfly effect. But honestly, I thought it could affect the relationship between Harry and Ginny, like if Cedric lives, Cho would never have dated Harry and Harry would never have had the courage to ask Ginny out. But I didn't expect that the consequences were related to Hermione and Ron. It was funny to see the changes in the alternative lives :cunao:
I also agree that
I don't like this Harry and his personality. And I also think that he could be the dark clould that surrounds his son, like his fame has eclipsed his son's life :meditando:
By the way, I forgot how Hagrid speaks :noooo: I think it's the most difficult part to understand of the book.

It's a quick read, so I'll probably finish it by this weekend
LizzyDarcy
Vivo aquí

Mensaje por LizzyDarcy »

I'm in Act Three, Scene Sixteen.
With the second travel to the past, the worst happened to the world. Everything's changed. Harry dead, Vold and his followers govern everything...
But this means Snape is alive and i liked so much to meet him again, and that he knows that Harry named Albus Severus his son. :D
And when it seems everything
is fixed again, Scorpius and Albus dissapeared again. :noooo:
mariki escribió:I also agree that
I don't like this Harry and his personality. And I also think that he could be the dark clould that surrounds his son, like his fame has eclipsed his son's life
It's the same i'm thinking the dark cloud
is Harry's fame eclipsing Albus.
mariki escribió:By the way, I forgot how Hagrid speaks I think it's the most difficult part to understand of the book.
:lol: :lol: The poor Hagrid and his language :dragon:
mariki
Vivo aquí

Mensaje por mariki »

I read a bit more last night. I'm at Act 4, scene 11

C'mon, why
has to be Harry who saves everything again? It's him who has to transform into Voldemort so he can stop Delphi :roll:
Now it seems that it could be
Delphi the dark cloud that surrounds Albus, but I prefer the idea of being Harry's fame
There are some mistakes that reveals that it wasn't Rowling who wrote the play. I think that her name is just because they used some of the original sentences from her other books and because they are using her world. In fact, I think that she doesn't even checked the manuscript. Who doesn't remember that the
polyjuice potion was to be made in a month? And Albus pretends to make it in 10 minutes. OK, he may just inherit his father's skills with potions :lol:
pikoo
No tengo vida social

Mensaje por pikoo »

I wanted to catch up with you and read your spoilers but I am in act 3 scene 11.
I have to admit that is getting really interesting. All the things that
Albus and Scorpious made using the time-turner are just terrifying. And now the time-turner has disappeared... We will see
In case someone else wants to read and is hesitating because of the level of English... I have to admit that I use the dictionary sometimes for some verbs and adjectives but is really understandable without using it and you will not miss almost any of the action.
And I finally get used to the scenes instead of chapters and I have to admit that is faster... And I am really jealous, I would love to see the theatre movie!
Leyendo:
happykent
Foroadicto

Mensaje por happykent »

I am at Act Three, Scene Twenty. I agree with pikoo, the book gets really interesting after
Albus and Scorpius travelled in time. The things that happened! Neville and Harry dead and Voldemort ruling a wold full of destruction and darkness :shock:
It was strange that
Harry and Ginny's marriage wasn't affected after the time-turner. Instead, Ron and Hermione's couple was the one affected :shock:
I loved Snape intervention to restore things back to normal :eusa_clap: . He was also really touched once he knew about Harry's son being name after him :llorar: And he sacrificed himself once more! Snape is an absolute hero :marie_bow:
I am liking a lot Draco's appearances in the book. Scorpius and his father are my favourite characters.

Delphi:
turned out to be the villain of the story. She lied and manipulated the boys in order to restore the Dark World
I also agree with Mariki about Harry.
I dislike very much the adult Harry once Albus travelled back on time :noooo: . I cannot imagine our Harry (the one of the previous seven books) treating McGonagall in such a disrecpectful way...
Regarding our doubt in the first chapters, I think "Thank Dumbledore" is an exclamation such us Merlin's Beard or Thank Heavens.
I am very happy of being reading this book because I love to encounter all these characters once more. Nevertheless, I don't recommend to read it like another of Rowling's books or the eighth part of the HP series because it isn't.
Responder