The seven sisters - Lucinda Riley

Dícese de los políglotas o practicantes de lenguas varias.

Moderador: Larús

LizzyDarcy
Vivo aquí

The seven sisters - Lucinda Riley

Mensaje por LizzyDarcy »

Imagen

Title: The seven sisters
Author: Lucinda Riley
Maia D’Apliese and her five sisters gather together at their childhood home, “Atlantis”—a fabulous, secluded castle situated on the shores of Lake Geneva—having been told that their beloved father, who adopted them all as babies, has died. Each of them is handed a tantalizing clue to her true heritage—a clue which takes Maia across the world to a crumbling mansion in Rio de Janeiro, Brazil. Once there, she begins to put together the pieces of her story and its beginnings.

Eighty years earlier in Rio’s Belle Epoque of the 1920s, Izabela Bonifacio’s father has aspirations for his daughter to marry into the aristocracy. Meanwhile, architect Heitor da Silva Costa is devising plans for an enormous statue, to be called Christ the Redeemer, and will soon travel to Paris to find the right sculptor to complete his vision. Izabela—passionate and longing to see the world—convinces her father to allow her to accompany him and his family to Europe before she is married. There, at Paul Landowski’s studio and in the heady, vibrant cafes of Montparnasse, she meets ambitious young sculptor Laurent Brouilly, and knows at once that her life will never be the same again.
LizzyDarcy
Vivo aquí

Re: The seven sisters - Lucinda Riley

Mensaje por LizzyDarcy »

I think today is the day the MC starts.

I'll join it in a couple of days.
mariki
Vivo aquí

Mensaje por mariki »

Me too :wink:
Ayrween
Vivo aquí

Mensaje por Ayrween »

Me too :hola: Thanks for opening the thread, Lizzy :D
LizzyDarcy
Vivo aquí

Mensaje por LizzyDarcy »

I've read the three first chapters and i really like the story and it's easy to read in English too.

Maia is in London when she knew
her father is dead and she has to tell it to her five sisters, but her family isn't a standard family. She and her five sisters have been adopted by Pa Salt, a very, very, very rich man who lives in a isolated castle in Switzerland.
But this isn't the weirdest thing,
as she is thinking about her childhood she realized that she didn't know anything about his dad, where he worked, who were his friends, nothing.
happykent
Foroadicto

Mensaje por happykent »

I follow you girls :lista: I would like to read it too, but now I have no time :(
I already read it in Spanish, so I will follow your coments. I liked this book and the author very much :)
mariki
Vivo aquí

Mensaje por mariki »

I started last night. I read 5 chapters.

Finally,
all the sisters are in the house and we will discover soon what their father wanted them to do :palomitas: I have the feeling that there may be another sister somewhere. I know that the father told her that he couldn't find the proper one, but the title of the book is Seven Sister, so... maybe there's one more :lol: Like the tv series Charmed (Embrujadas), they found the lost sister :lol:
LizzyDarcy
Vivo aquí

Mensaje por LizzyDarcy »

I'm in chapter 8.

Maia
is alone again. All her sisters have left. I don't like CeCe and Electra. The others i do. In the Armillary Sphere there are the coordinates to find the place in each sister has born. I have left Maia looking for her birth place.
I agree with Mariki,
i think there is a seven sister, and i want her to be discover. :128:
Ayrween
Vivo aquí

Mensaje por Ayrween »

I've read 5 chapters.

Finally the six sisters
are in Atlantis and we're going to find what their father wanted to say them. It's a bit strange that he has been buried in the yatch and so quickly and wasn't a funeral.
The sisters are completely different in appearance and personality ones from the others.
I agree with you. Since the beginning I've thought
there's a lost sister, but I don't know when she will appear.
mariki
Vivo aquí

Mensaje por mariki »

I was writing my post in Spanish :lol:

So, I'm in the middle of chapter 10 amd I wanted to say a couple of things before I forgot :cunao:

I have a question: Ally says to Maia that
when she saw her dad's boat that day she also saw someone else's boat in the area. I forgot who that person is, someone famous or rich. I know I read it the first day, but I don't know the details. Anyone?
I don't know what happened to me with this book but I always forget that it's a romantic book. I think that lately I've been reading too much fantasy :lol: Anyway, I think that
Maia's romantic interest is going to be Floriano, the Brazilian author. She's already fallen in love with the way he wrote :lol: I'm happy that the description of the book doesn't say the name of the two lovers. I like a bit of a mystery :lol:

And it's normal that the old lady treated her like this. She appeared out of the nothing telling them that she has born in that house :lol: I.m not surprised by their reaction :lol:
LizzyDarcy
Vivo aquí

Mensaje por LizzyDarcy »

I'm in the middle of chapter 14.

Now we've changed
of story, we're in the past 1927 with Izabela, who may be Maia's great-grandmother. And how his father's ambition made him exhibit Izabela like a trophy or something to sell.
Mariki about your doubts,
the boat Ally saw is Zed father's boat, the ex of Maia and the man who died the same day of Pa' Salt
And in relation with your comments about Maia romantic interest
I don't think Floriano would be the one who fall in love with her. I think Zed will come back to Maia's life. But I think this is part of the mistery, because i don't think Pa'Salt is really dead, or if he does, there is something further.
I really like this book and the writer's style.
mariki
Vivo aquí

Mensaje por mariki »

Thanks for clarifying my doubt :60:

I think i left it yesterday in the middle of ch. 13 or maybe I ended it :meditando: I don't know :lol:

Anyway, as I said before, I like that
we don't really know who Maia's lover is gonna be. I still think it could be Florencio. She said that he's not her type, but she felt a bit jealous whrn he received his flatmate's call and she ran away from Zed :lol:
I also believe that
Pa may be alive. I've seen and read many mystery novels/movies and there's a rule: no body, no dead :lol: And he could give is the key about the seventh sister
A little offtopic: some months ago I created an account on Instagram. I mainly post pictures of my drawings and lately I post some images about my readings with quotes. Yesterday I posted an image of this book and the author herself clicked on "me gusta" :lol: That's fun :lol:
LizzyDarcy
Vivo aquí

Mensaje por LizzyDarcy »

I'm in chapter 21.

I've been searching some information about The Christ, because i can't imagine the tiles in the sculpture the image of it i had it's a big Christ pale grey, but not made it by little triangular stones.

Imagen

I'm really enjoying the book. Izabel
is in Paris and for first time she feels alive. I don't know how her love story with Lawrence will end, but we know she married to Gustavo, in fact it hasn't started yet.
mariki
Vivo aquí

Mensaje por mariki »

Lizzy, thanks for the pic, I couldn't imagine either the tiles on the sculpture.

I've just finished chapter 26
Izabela is returning home. Now we know the names of the tile that Maia has. The question is if they are gonna see each other again. I bet they'll do :D Now we return to Maia's story
Ayrween
Vivo aquí

Mensaje por Ayrween »

You've read a lot. I'm not very quickly reading in English :|

Read until chapter 12. Now it's going to begin the part of Izabela.

I think the romantic interest
of Maia could be Floriano. I don't like Zed. He harmed her so much her in the past, for the way she left her home and the country not to met him again.
It's very strange all about
Pa Salt. I thought maybe he's not dead. Anyway, he was a very mysterious man. Another interesting story here.
We're going to find some of the secrets
of Maia blood family.
I couldn't imagine the tiles covering the statue of the Christ. Thanks, Lizzy.
Responder