The storm sister - Lucinda Riley

Dícese de los políglotas o practicantes de lenguas varias.

Moderador: Larús

LizzyDarcy
Vivo aquí

The storm sister - Lucinda Riley

Mensaje por LizzyDarcy »

Imagen

Title: The storm sister (the seven sisters 2)
Author: Lucinda Riley
Pages: 702
Ally D'Aplièse is about to compete in one of the world's most perilous yacht races, when she hears the news of her adoptive father's sudden, mysterious death. Rushing back to meet her five sisters at their family home, she discovers that her father - an elusive billionaire affectionately known to his daughters as Pa Salt - has left each of them a tantalising clue to their true heritage.

Ally has also recently embarked on a deeply passionate love affair that will change her destiny forever. But with her life now turned upside down, Ally decides to leave the open seas and follow the trail that her father left her, which leads her to the icy beauty of Norway...

There, Ally begins to discover her roots - and how her story is inextricably bound to that of a young unknown singer, Anna Landvik, who lived there over 100 years before, and sang in the first performance of Grieg's iconic music set to Ibsen's play 'Peer Gynt'. As Ally learns more about Anna, she also begins to question who her father, Pa Salt, really was. And why is the seventh sister missing?

Following the bestselling The Seven Sisters, The Storm Sister is the second book in Lucinda Riley's spellbinding series based loosely on the mythology surrounding the famous star constellation.
LizzyDarcy
Vivo aquí

Re: The storm sister - Lucinda Riley

Mensaje por LizzyDarcy »

Next 5th, October we have MC :alegria: :alegria:

I'm really looking forward to it.
mariki
Vivo aquí

Mensaje por mariki »

With your permission, I have already started it. I've just read one chapter. Lately, I waste a lot of time after dinner instead of reading and I should change that. I don't do anything useful, just surfing the net in nonsenses. So, I hope this book hooks me so I can change that.

I've learnt a new word so far :lol: Skipper.

Actually, I have a doubt. At the beginning, there's a list of characters with a short description and I think there's a huge spoiler :shock: Don't read it if you want and don't read the spoiler either if you want :lol: But in the list,
we have the name of seven sisters. In the first book, there's only six and Maia says that her father didn't have time to find the last sister before he died. Her name is Merope, status: missing. I know that we all agree in the previous book that there have to be another sister, the seventh one, but I would like to discover it in the narrative, not through the cast list :roll:
I'm gonna ask in the Spanish thread

Lizzy, thanks for opening this one here :D
Ayrween
Vivo aquí

Mensaje por Ayrween »

I'm so slow reading un English than when you're finished, I'll have just started :dragon: Well, never mind. I have to finished another book before.

Do you like it, Mariki?

About your spoiler (I've read it)
I knew that was a seventh sister, maybe in the list of the first book? :meditando: and that her name is Merope. The sisters have the name of the Pleiades or The Seven Sisters constellation. They are named for these stars.
mariki
Vivo aquí

Mensaje por mariki »

Thanks for the explanation, I forgot that detail :wink:

I liked the first chapter. I wanted to read more but it was too late and I had to wake up early
LizzyDarcy
Vivo aquí

Mensaje por LizzyDarcy »

If I knew you are already reading it i would have started it, because yesterday I started a little book because I finished the book i was reading.

Well I suppose i'll be in time and on Thursday i could start it. :D
Ayrween
Vivo aquí

Mensaje por Ayrween »

No, I'm not reading it, only Mariki. It's possible that I start after Thursday, I have to finish another book.
mariki
Vivo aquí

Mensaje por mariki »

Ok, it's Oct 5th, so we have officially started the MC :lol: Let's begin chatting :cunao:

I'm on chapter 10. The beginning is
quite similar to Maia's story. We change the narrator but the story is the same, obviously. Ally has read the letter but for now, she doesn't want to discover anything else.
But what I really wanted to talk about is
Theo. In contrast to Maia's story, we have here the love story from the beginning. Theo seems so perfect that I'm starting to looking for flaws or something, because... I don't know, we're just at the beginning and they are already engaged :lol: So, as I said, I started looking for something negative. And I may have found that he seems to be very controlling towards her, like telling her what to do or doing things for her. At the moment, I can't really say if he is lovely or there's something dark inside him :lol:
Am I being paranoid or have you felt the same? :lol:
LizzyDarcy
Vivo aquí

Mensaje por LizzyDarcy »

I can't read your comments Mariki, but i'm looking forward :mrgreen:

I've just read the two first chapters and I like it. I like Ally
and her relation with Theo.
I go on reading.
mariki
Vivo aquí

Mensaje por mariki »

I'm about to start chapter 12. Everything in spoiler :lol:
The author has been very cruel. Actually, all the clues were there: the emphasis on the dangers of the race, the reference to the deaths, the comments about the new GPS system, Theo's insistence on Ally to obey him and at the first chance, make her leave the boat, the goodbyes to his mother and Ally... It was clear to me that someone was going to fall into the sea. When Ally was out of the boat, all pointed to Theo, but honestly, I was expecting that he would be lost for some hours and then be found alive. His death took me by surprise but it was necessary to trigger Ally's journey to her origins.
LizzyDarcy
Vivo aquí

Mensaje por LizzyDarcy »

Finally i read your first spoilers Mariki :alegria: :alegria:

And i agree with you about Theo,
as we have their perfect story from the begining I'm waiting for something, i don't know what, but something to happen. In one hand i like Theo and their story but in the other hand I think too that he's very controller, he has just organised the life of both for the following months. :-|
The other important thing the telephone call
and the voice of Pa Salt, of course I don't believe a word about the explanation Ma gave to Ally :nono:
And about
the anagrams, I'm a bit ungry because Ally didn't want to know what Theo discovered about Pa Salt's name. The only word which make sense to me is "plasta" :cunao: but i've been trying more combinations :lol: :lol:
Ayrween, do you start it?
mariki
Vivo aquí

Mensaje por mariki »

I think I'm crazier than you, Lizzy. I even
have a look in a web about anagrams trying to discover what secret Pa's name has :loco: I didn't find anything useful, though. Maybe Last Pa? :lol:
Ayrween
Vivo aquí

Mensaje por Ayrween »

No, sorry, but for now I don't start. I have a lot of stress and I don't feel like reading. I wanted to finish another book before starting it and I'm not reading much these days.I'll read The Storm Sister but I don't know when.
LizzyDarcy
Vivo aquí

Mensaje por LizzyDarcy »

I'm happy to know i'm not the only crazy :loco: :lol:

I've been doing some enquires and the father
of the Pleiades is Atlas (there is a P in plus) and the mother Pleione (could be the P from the mother's name??? :meditando: )
Stop enquires and go on reading, because i'm getting crazy :lol: :lol:

Before sending my message i read the one of yours Ayr, it's a pity, because Mariki and I have become crazy or investigators :lol: :lol: And a team of three would have been better :wink:
LizzyDarcy
Vivo aquí

Mensaje por LizzyDarcy »

I'm in chapter 18 and I can't stop reading, but i have to :lol: :lol:

I really like this book too, but i like more Anna's story than Ally.

Ally's story,
the first part, the arrival at Atlantis was just the same than in Maia's book. And the part with her relation with Theo i didn't like very much beacause it was so perfect that everybody knows that something bad it's going to happen. But i didn't think it was so bad as Theo's death :( although i wasn't very fond of him, i really feel his death so sad. :(
Anna's story,
i really like it. I like Anna and i understand her feelings, her loneliness, the feeling that although her voice has succeed almost nobody knows who belongs to.
I suppose Anna and Jens are going to know each other and fell in love, and I like Jens but he is a bit reveller, and that i don't like :no:
Responder