The Shadow Sister (The Seven Sisters 3) - Lucinda Riley

Dícese de los políglotas o practicantes de lenguas varias.

Moderador: Larús

Responder
mariki
Vivo aquí

The Shadow Sister (The Seven Sisters 3) - Lucinda Riley

Mensaje por mariki »

Imagen

Title: The Shadow Sister
Author: Lucinda Riley
Saga: The Seven Sisters 3
Pages: 665
Travel through the lush English countryside and explore the magnificent estates of the British aristocracy in this next spellbinding love story in The Seven Sisters series by #1 internationally bestselling author Lucinda Riley.

Star D’Aplièse is at a crossroads in her life after the sudden death of her beloved father—the elusive billionaire, affectionately called Pa Salt by his six daughters, all adopted from across the four corners of the world. He has left each of them a clue to her true heritage, and Star nervously decides to follow hers, which leads her to an antiquarian bookshop in London, and the start of a whole new world.

A hundred years earlier, headstrong and independent Flora MacNichol vows she will never marry. She is happy and secure in her home in England’s picturesque Lake District—just a stone’s throw away from the residence of her childhood idol, Beatrix Potter—when machinations lead her to London, and the home of one of Edwardian society’s most notorious society hostesses, Alice Keppel. Flora is torn between passionate love and her duty to her family, but finds herself a pawn in a larger game. That is, until a meeting with a mysterious gentleman unveils the answers that Flora has been searching for her whole life...

As Star learns more of Flora’s incredible journey, she too goes on a voyage of discovery, finally stepping out of the shadow of her sister and opening herself up to the possibility of love.
mariki
Vivo aquí

Re: The Shadow Sister (The Seven Sisters 3) - Lucinda Riley

Mensaje por mariki »

We have an MC starting next Wednesday, January 10th :wink:
Though I'm a cheater and I've already started :cunao:
LizzyDarcy
Vivo aquí

Mensaje por LizzyDarcy »

I'll be here in a few days :hola:
LizzyDarcy
Vivo aquí

Mensaje por LizzyDarcy »

Mariki, are you enjoying the reading?
happykent
Foroadicto

Mensaje por happykent »

:hola: I will try to start reading it tonight.
mariki
Vivo aquí

Mensaje por mariki »

I'm loving it. I'll write my first comments later

Great Happykent :hola:
mariki
Vivo aquí

Mensaje por mariki »

I'm gonna leave some comments :wink:

Chapter 6:
We start to know a bit more Star, always at the shadow of CeCe. But she has realised that she can't live like that forever. Good point: we didn't have to read all over again about Pa Salt's death and his will :lol:
Ch. 7: I think the author has won us over with
that bookshop and his peculiar owner :lol: Does Star have a romantic candidate? :meditando:
I love that the story is set in this city :08:

Ch. 8: So, I've changed my mind.
I think Star is gonna fall in love with Mouse. It has been mentioned that Mouse is more handsome and he lives in the country and Star has already fallen in love with the country and the house. And the the few occasions that they have met, there seems to be more feelings than with Orlando. And we have now the manuscript with the story from the past :palomitas:
mariki
Vivo aquí

Mensaje por mariki »

Some more comments :wink:

Ch. 12. We get to know the history of the past. Flora seems to be a bit of
Cinderella, without the evil sisters. Her parents have favoured her sister socially speaking. She has been presented and she is looking for a husband. The main candidate is Archie, who Flora dislikes after a couple of meetings. But she spends some days alone with Archie and they seem to have fallen in love. But he says that he had committed a big mistake and he has to solve it before deeping into the relationship. Is he already engaged?
Ch. 15. I suspect that
Archie could be engaged to Aurelia, but it is a bit weird that she hasn't said anything to her sister. But their mother said something suspicious. And now we have Flora in London, with an indetermined role. The lady of the house is intriguing, even more after Miss Beatrix Potter's comments. (I love when real people appear on books) I'm thinking that Mrs Keppel could be a prostitute :lol:
happykent
Foroadicto

Mensaje por happykent »

I am about to start Chapter 9 and I am loving it :alegria: . I like how Star is willing to change her life and make her life count. I also want to read CeCe's story next, I think there is a lot more of her character, the same that is happenning with Star.
I also like the secondary characters such as Orlando, Rory, Marguerite and Mouse, and by the way
what will be Mouse's real name?
At first I thought that
maybe Orlando could be Star's love interest, even if we didn`t see much attraction between them. But now I am convinced that Mouse will be her love interest and we also can see that there is much to be known about him.
Now, Star is in possesion of a writing about her apparent ancestor Flora :)

I agree with Mariki about the beginning. I was afraid to find again the same descriptions about how the sisters found out about their father's dead and what they were doing at the moment. Thanfully, it wasn't any of that and I was grateful for that.
LizzyDarcy
Vivo aquí

Mensaje por LizzyDarcy »

I'm reading so slowly, I'm in the middle of another book and in this moment I have to spend a lot of time in Hospital with a relative, so i don't have a lot of time to read.

But I really like the begining of the story, i feel a bit overwhelmed by Cece possesive behavior with Star. :noooo:
mariki
Vivo aquí

Mensaje por mariki »

Ohh Lizzy, I hope your relative is OK :petting:

I've read a lot. :biglaugh3:

Ch. 19. So
Mrs Keppel isn't a prostitute, but the king's lover :shock: Fun fact: the king and her lover were real people and she is Camilla Parker Bowel's great grandmother and the king is Prince Charles' great great grandfather. It's told that Camilla told this anecdote to the Prince when they met (and they became lovers too :lol: )
Going back to the story, Flora
has convinced Archie to marry her sister and he has replied that this decision won't be good for any of the three. Suffering is coming!
Ch. 24. Back to the present,
they are going to sell the library :( and Flora is in the middle of the family drama. What a coincidence that Mouse was near Flora's flat :boese040: He's going to tell the rest of the story
Ch. 27. Flora's
mother seems to hide something. The king is sick and he has a private conversation with Flora. He says that he has confirmed something and it might be that Flora is his daughter. It looks quite obvious with this conversation and some details from other characters
PS: My mom was talking to me and I was distracted and I've written half message in Spanish :lol:
happykent
Foroadicto

Mensaje por happykent »

Chapter 42 (87% of the total). I am loving it :o and I am on the final stretch.
Star
knows now that she is Teddy's descendant, the grand-grand daughter of Tessie, the woman with whom Teddy had an affair and Flora gave money in order to send her away.
Orlando gave Star the name of her mother and she is alive! Now Star is frigthen and didn't want to go Cambridge to see her mother.
About the past
I was so sad when I read Archie's dead because of the War :cry: . Happily, he and Flora had had many years together, but still, i was sad.
Louise (Aurelia and Archie's daughter) is a very good girl and formed a love-match with a Forbes, an ancestor of Mouse and Orlando. Teddy (Flora foster kid) is a lost cause and most sadly, when Archie wanted to modify his will to protect their family house, Flora didn´t agree to it and after Archie's dead, Teddy did as was expected: spend money and get drunk. Luckily, he made a good match and his wife contribute to preserve most of the family heritage.
I think the past story is all known now and all that remains is about Star. Tomorrow I will leave my final impressions.
LizzyDarcy
Vivo aquí

Mensaje por LizzyDarcy »

mariki escribió:Ch. 19. So
Mrs Keppel isn't a prostitute, but the king's lover Fun fact: the king and her lover were real people and she is Camilla Parker Bowel's great grandmother and the king is Prince Charles' great great grandfather. It's told that Camilla told this anecdote to the Prince when they met (and they became lovers too )
I didn't know this :shock: :boese040: :lol: :lol: I really enjoy this kind of gossip :oops: :lol: :lol:

I'm in chapter 25.

This is the third time i think i like more this book than the previous, in fact i don't know which one to choose, because i find all fantastic. I'm really enjoy Flora and Star adventures.

About Star,
i think she really had an insane relation to her sister. At the begining i didn't like CeCe but now i could understand her a little. But i think they both need to breath and enjoy their lifes by their own.
And i'm begining to think that Mouse
is Rory's father. But he couldn't afford taking care of him after his wife dead. :roll:
So it could be a very happy ending, Mouse and Star ending together and Rory having a lovely mother and his father coming back to him.
Now, it's time to come back to Flora's story.
mariki
Vivo aquí

Mensaje por mariki »

I've written a long post in the Spanish thread. I'm going to summarize it here because I'm being lazy lately :lol:

So I finished it some days ago. It is a great book. I loved both parts, the present and the past. The present,
Ok, I almost wanted to go into the book and telling Star to go for Mouse :lol: At the beginning of Ally, we had the love story. Here, the book was finishing and nothing happened :lol:
The past,
again, happiness lasts no much to these character. Flora had a difficult life not because of her, but her origins. She couldn't be blamed for being the king's bastard. Anyway, I was happy for her few happy times, specially with Beatrix and Archie.
While I was reading, I was telling myself that this book was better than Ally's. But it was the same that when I was reading Ally's. And Maia's was also really good :cunao:

I gave the first book to my mom and she is devouring it :cunao:
LizzyDarcy
Vivo aquí

Mensaje por LizzyDarcy »

Finished and i love it :alegria: :alegria:

About Star,
i would like to know more about her relationship with Mouse, how is going on and more details, more kisses :lol:
As soon as i was reading I though they would end in the bookshop in Tenterdem (or whatever the name is) and i though that Star could drive the Delicatessen shop too, but i failed in the last part. :lol: :lol:
I feel a lot of pity because
of the evolution of CeCe-Star relationship. I always have the preception of Cece being the strong sister, but i was wrong, she was the dependent, she deserves find her own place in the world, i'm looking foward to read her story.
The story of Mouse
is very, very sad. I think he behaved wrong but in a way i could understand him. Now he is good again he is trying to do things in the right form, and i hope with Star by his side, they'll become a wonderful family.
I love Flora's story,
but i don't like at all, what she decided about Tessie. Teddy was a bad person and she covered him in all his bad doing. I didn't expect her taking that decision.
Let's talk about date for reading CeCe story :lista:
Responder