English books miniclubs 2017

Dícese de los políglotas o practicantes de lenguas varias.

Moderador: Larús

Larús
La enciclopedia

Re: English books miniclubs 2015

Mensaje por Larús »

Berenice escribió:I've already read it in spanish. Maybe I'll try some young novel like the hunger games or something like that... it can't be very difficult :cunao:
I read the trilogy in English. As you supose, they are easy, specially the first one :D
LizzyDarcy
Vivo aquí

Mensaje por LizzyDarcy »

larousse86 escribió:
Berenice escribió:I've already read it in spanish. Maybe I'll try some young novel like the hunger games or something like that... it can't be very difficult :cunao:
I read the trilogy in English. As you supose, they are easy, specially the first one :D
Me too, and I think they are so easy. And Harry Potter is easy too. And I also read Divergent and Insurgent, the last one I didn't because I didn't like the second one, but they are easy too.
Berenice
No tengo vida social

Mensaje por Berenice »

I have Harry Potter at home! I bought the books in english when they were published (yeah, a totally compulsive and irrational purchase :oops: ) but I didn't read them yet because I thought it'd be full of complicated vocabulary. It's decided then, I'll give Harry Potter a try :mrgreen:
Ayrween
Vivo aquí

Mensaje por Ayrween »

I've read all the Harry Potter saga in English and I find the books easy.

Last year I read the first book of Divergent. I wanted to read the second and the thirth of the saga, but there are many books and time passes :roll:
Larús
La enciclopedia

Mensaje por Larús »

I read Harry Potter as well, and as I see it, not all the saga is easy. Maybe, three or even four, but the last two are long and much more complicated. My theory is, as Harry grows up, so does the reader, so, according to their level, books become more and more complicated. More characters, spells, stories...
Ayrween
Vivo aquí

Mensaje por Ayrween »

Well, that's true, from the fourth book the stories are longer and more complex. In my case, I didn't grow up with the books, I read all of them as an adult. Maybe it's that I'm a fan and I don't see the difficulties. :lol: But I still think that if you begin with the first one and you don't have special problems, you can go on with the rest of them.
LizzyDarcy
Vivo aquí

Mensaje por LizzyDarcy »

My case is like Ayrween's case. I read them as an adult, so it's true that the books have an evolution and grown up in the same way as Harry does, but I didn't find any diffucultie in reading the lasts.

Berenice enjoy the reading :D And come here to coment if you want :wink:
Berenice
No tengo vida social

Mensaje por Berenice »

Sure, and thank you all for the help :wink:
Mochuelo
No tengo vida social

Mensaje por Mochuelo »

Ayrween escribió:Well, that's true, from the fourth book the stories are longer and more complex. In my case, I didn't grow up with the books, I read all of them as an adult. Maybe it's that I'm a fan and I don't see the difficulties. :lol: But I still think that if you begin with the first one and you don't have special problems, you can go on with the rest of them.
When you start reading the first book?
diruizp
Lector voraz

Mensaje por diruizp »

I'd like to join you in one of the future miniclubs. I am preparing FCE and, to improve my vocabulary I'm reading some books in English.

I have read "The Last Don" recently and I enjoyed it a lot, the only problem is the regular use of the slang (which is like the hell) so I read it slowly. A week ago I started "The Edge Of Eternity" and I find out that is much more easier. I can go faster and I understand almost the whole chapters. (I am at 15% now).

I have in my ebook some books in English, maybe you'll want to read one with me in a couple of months. The books are:
- Fatherland - Robert Harris
- I am legend - Richard Matheson
- The boy in stripped pyjamas - Jon Boyne
- The Da Vinci code - Dan Brown
- Inferno - Dan Brown
- 1984 - George Orwell
- A good man in Africa - William Boyd
- The Pelican Brief - John Grisham
- Police - Jo Nesbo
- The Devil's star - Jo Nesbo
- Gulliver's travels - Jonathan Swift
- The tenth chamber - Glenn Cooper
- Will Piper trilogy - Glenn Cooper
-
Kiu multe legas kaj multe marŝas, tiu multe vidas kaj scias multon
Ayrween
Vivo aquí

Mensaje por Ayrween »

Mochuelo, I didn't read you, sorry. When I read the first book the first time I was twenty-something, I think. I wasn't a teenager and I have studied for some years in the Escuela Oficial de Idiomas.

diruizp, welcome! Some of the books you are intending to read looks seems interesting but I don't know if I'll have the time.
mariki
Vivo aquí

Mensaje por mariki »

I want to read the one by Matherson :D So, if you are interested, let me know and we can organise an MC
diruizp
Lector voraz

Mensaje por diruizp »

Yes, I'm interested in I am Legend. I love the movie. Fatherland and I am Legend are my favourites of the list.
Kiu multe legas kaj multe marŝas, tiu multe vidas kaj scias multon
Larús
La enciclopedia

Mensaje por Larús »

First of all, welcome, diruizp :60:

I'm not that fan of Sci-Fi, but I just saw that "I am legend" is a short novel and I already have it :mrgreen: we could read it after "The Secret Keeper", which is on April 8th. What about late May - early June?
Ayrween escribió: diruizp, welcome! Some of the books you are intending to read looks seems interesting but I don't know if I'll have the time.
Edit: Ayr, this one is really short!! 120 pgs on pdf
DarkLady Juliet
Vivo aquí

Mensaje por DarkLady Juliet »

Diruizp, I'd love to read Fatherland. It is always in my pending list but I never get around to read it.

I have quite a few things to read, until may at least. Let's say a day... 20th may, for instance?

I have read all Cooper's books in English. Will Piper's series, that's it.

I've just seen Larousse's message. Taking my day? :cunao:

Ok, then end June for Fatherland?

(This year is better in terms of English miniclubs, :alegria: )
Responder