The Queen of the Tearling (Trilogy)- Erika Johansen

Dícese de los políglotas o practicantes de lenguas varias.

Moderador: Larús

Responder
LizzyDarcy
Vivo aquí

The Queen of the Tearling (Trilogy)- Erika Johansen

Mensaje por LizzyDarcy »

Imagen

Title: The Queen of the Tearling
Author: Erika Johansen
Pages: 643

Series: Trilogy the Queen of The Tearling

1. The Queen of the Tearling
2. The Invasion of the Tearling
3. The Fate of the Tearling
Magic, adventure, mystery, and romance combine in this epic debut in which a young princess must reclaim her dead mother’s throne, learn to be a ruler—and defeat the Red Queen, a powerful and malevolent sorceress determined to destroy her.

On her nineteenth birthday, Princess Kelsea Raleigh Glynn, raised in exile, sets out on a perilous journey back to the castle of her birth to ascend her rightful throne. Plain and serious, a girl who loves books and learning, Kelsea bears little resemblance to her mother, the vain and frivolous Queen Elyssa. But though she may be inexperienced and sheltered, Kelsea is not defenseless: Around her neck hangs the Tearling sapphire, a jewel of immense magical power; and accompanying her is the Queen’s Guard, a cadre of brave knights led by the enigmatic and dedicated Lazarus. Kelsea will need them all to survive a cabal of enemies who will use every weapon—from crimson-caped assassins to the darkest blood magic—to prevent her from wearing the crown.

Despite her royal blood, Kelsea feels like nothing so much as an insecure girl, a child called upon to lead a people and a kingdom about which she knows almost nothing. But what she discovers in the capital will change everything, confronting her with horrors she never imagined. An act of singular daring will throw Kelsea’s kingdom into tumult, unleashing the vengeance of the tyrannical ruler of neighboring Mortmesne: the Red Queen, a sorceress possessed of the darkest magic. Now Kelsea will begin to discover whom among the servants, aristocracy, and her own guard she can trust.

But the quest to save her kingdom and meet her destiny has only just begun—a wondrous journey of self-discovery and a trial by fire that will make her a legend . . . if she can survive
Última edición por LizzyDarcy el 06 Dic 2017 07:34, editado 1 vez en total.
LizzyDarcy
Vivo aquí

Re: The Queen of the Tearling - Erika Johansen

Mensaje por LizzyDarcy »

I'm in chapter 6.

I'm enjoying this book, it may be a little be predictable but i like it.

Kelsea,
although has been educated to be the Queen of the Tearling and knows a lot about policy and a lot of thins, she doesn't know anything about the last 19 years of story of the Tearling and nothing about her mom, the Queen Elyssa. And the things she's learning she doesn't like it at all.
The Tearling had a Treaty with the red Queen signed by Q.Elyssa, and the very first thing she did when she arrived at the Keep was broken the Treaty. It will have consequences, we will see.
She has allies,
Mace and the Queen Guard, are very good men, but she will need more than this, because a lot of people want her to be dead.
She also had met
the Fetch, a thief, but the best thief, who has just saved her. She felt attracted to him, but i think he could be her dad, maybe i'm very wrong.
I like the world the author shows us. Because is a mixture between the classical fantasy world and a sci-fi world after a disaster.
mariki
Vivo aquí

Mensaje por mariki »

Thanks for creating the thread. I had my computer off and I couldn't last night.

I've readba little. I've started chapter 2 and we don't know much of the story yet.
LizzyDarcy
Vivo aquí

Mensaje por LizzyDarcy »

I'm not commenting a lot because the chapters are long and i usually don't know in middle of what chaper i am, but i like the book, it's not the best book i've ever read, but i'm enjoying the story and the characters.

Kelsea
had another try of killing in this time, it was ordered by Thorne and the Jewel killed the assassin, one of the youngers Caden.
She's trying to fix the defenses of her army, but it's complicated, and the General prefers come back to the shipment instead a war but she keeps her firm in the question of not coming back to the shipment.
She's doing allies and enemies in same proportion.
Thomas
was killed by the Fetch, but before died he told him all what he knew about Queen Elyssa, red Queen and Kelsea's father. The Fetch also showed his face to Thomas, and he said that he must be dead, so there is magic involved in him.
Who is The Fetch? :meditando:
And i wonder
who is the traitor in the Queen Guard? :meditando: I'm sure, Mace, Pen and Mhurn they are not, but the rest... i don't have any idea.
LizzyDarcy
Vivo aquí

Mensaje por LizzyDarcy »

I finished it yesterday and i really like it. The last pages were the best part of the book.

Kelsea
had the two jewels, the Fetch, gave her the one he had, and thanks to the jewels she could save the most part of people in Thorne's caravan. Each time she uses the magic, she falls in a deep sleep.
I was surprised because
Mhurn was the traitor, at least he was addicted to a drug and the only person who could get it to him was Thorne. But i don't know why, but i don't trust Dyer. The punishment for the treason was dead, and Kelsea killed him by herself. It was hard, but she had to do it, or at least she though it was her duty.
Mace told Kelsea
that Barty and Carlin were dead, they suicided after they left the cottage. And she announced to her people that from now and on she will be named Glynn in honour of them
I want to go on reading the trilogy. I wait for your impressions Mariki. :D
mariki
Vivo aquí

Mensaje por mariki »

Lizzy :hola:

Sorry for not appearing here more often :? The long chapters and my irregular reading have prevented me for coming here more :?

Anyway, I've finished it. It was entertaining, but not totally addicting as I expected. But as you said, it's just the first book and we'll have more info and details in the others.

I didn't expected that
Mhur was the traitor. He was addicted to the drug because of his family. That story was sad :cry:
I want to know more about the
Fetch, how the jewels work and Kelsea's father.
I'll read the next one :wink:

PS: there are rumours of a movie
LizzyDarcy
Vivo aquí

Mensaje por LizzyDarcy »

I've read that the followings are better than this

I think we can comment here the next book, instead opening another thread.

See you in February :hola:
mariki
Vivo aquí

Mensaje por mariki »

Perfect then. Maybe you can edit later the first message and the title and include "trilogy" so they know we are talking about all of them.

The story didn't catch me to the point of not stopping reading but now I'm intrigue with those unresolved questions :lol:
LizzyDarcy
Vivo aquí

Re: The Queen of the Tearling (Trilogy)- Erika Johansen

Mensaje por LizzyDarcy »

mariki escribió:Perfect then. Maybe you can edit later the first message and the title and include "trilogy" so they know we are talking about all of them.
Done :D
Responder