last book you've read or you're reading

Dícese de los políglotas o practicantes de lenguas varias.

Moderador: Larús

lifetraveller
Lector ocasional

Re: last book you've read or you're reading

Mensaje por lifetraveller »

Hello girls, :hola:

I have ordered Room of Emma Donoghue to read it with you, at least since July the 16th, when I will probably get the book delivered. I will be happy if you propose the books for August so I can order the choosen one now and get it on time. Have you read something by Irvin Yalom? I have no references about him but I recently bought When Nietzsche Wept but I´m afraid of recommend something that I really don´t know if is good enough for so cultured readers. :wink:
lifetraveller
Lector ocasional

lifetraveller escribió:Hello girls, :hola:

I have ordered Room of Emma Donoghue to read it with you, at least since July the 16th, when I will probably get the book delivered. I will be happy if you propose the books for August so I can order the choosen one now and get it on time. Have you read something by Irvin Yalom? I have no references about him but I recently bought When Nietzsche Wept but I´m afraid of recommend something that I really don´t know if is good enough for so cultured readers. :wink:
Hello :hola:
DarkLady Juliet
Vivo aquí

Mensaje por DarkLady Juliet »

lifetraveller escribió:
lifetraveller escribió:Hello girls, :hola:

Hello :hola:

:60: Lifetraveller... didn't mean to keep anybody waiting, but life just gets in the middle.

I haven't read anything by Irvin Yalom, in fact, I hadn't heard about this author until you mentioned it. Having "Nietzsche" in the title... :boese040: sounds highly cultural , you flatter me, considering us cultured readers :mrgreen: Na... jokes apart, I am open to all kind of literature. Light, deep, depends on the moment. Sometimes I venture into new genres, or novels that do not appeal to me straightaway to taste something different.

But these days I tend to read something to help me be awake on the bus and not miss my stop, and make the way shorter 8) Nothing that requires a lot of concentration, or else, I let my mind fly away from the pages...

If you plan to read that book, you can open a thread and tell us a little bit about it, why are you interested in reading it, and so on. Some of the MCs I'm in got started that way.
LauraCo
No tengo vida social

Mensaje por LauraCo »

:hola: :60:

Also, we can make a poll for the next MC's, can't we?
Leyendo :101: :
Les calces al sol - Regina Rodríguez Sirvent
Ciudad Feliz - Charles Montgomery
DarkLady Juliet
Vivo aquí

LauraCo escribió::hola: :60:

Also, we can make a poll for the next MC's, can't we?
Or we can propose books, and when three agree in any of them, we have a miniclub. What we are doing now is more like a monthly club, both proposals are not mutually exclusive.

I'll have to ask the moderators if it's possible.
Victor_Ros
Lector voraz

Mensaje por Victor_Ros »

Hello everyone:)
What a wonderful place it is to share our love for books :) I see that a lot of people tend to read in English :) Ok, but back to the topic, currently I'm in the middle of a wonderful book called The name of the rose (BTW I read it because of You guys - I just couldn't pass a classic like that) and one before that was the first part of the Dark Tower (I hope to read other parts as well). Oh and my personal favorite is a book by Ayn Rand called Atlas Shrugged :D
lifetraveller
Lector ocasional

What about the best seller serie "A song of ice and fire". I have just strated the first book: Game of Thrones.. you can read that in the bus for sure!.
Catherine Earnshaw

Mensaje por Catherine Earnshaw »

Right now I'm finishing Irving's A Widow for One Year, then onto finishing Mrs Dalloway and let's see what comes next!
LauraCo
No tengo vida social

Mensaje por LauraCo »

Catherine Earnshaw escribió:Right now I'm finishing Irving's A Widow for One Year, then onto finishing Mrs Dalloway and let's see what comes next!
Catherine, first of all welcome to this forum as I see you have few messages. If you want we make an English MC every month so if you want to join us you're welcome! :60: :60:
Victor_Ros
Lector voraz

Mensaje por Victor_Ros »

I've started reading the second book out of the King's "Dark Tower" 7 books series. And I'm loving it:) It's something totally different from his previous works but I think that it's worth reading.
Felicity
Comité de bienvenida
Contactar:

Mensaje por Felicity »

The People Next Door - Cristhopher Ransom.

I've opened a topic :)
Recuento 2024
Nos pasamos años sin vivir en absoluto, y de pronto toda nuestra vida se concentra en un solo instante (Oscar Wilde)
DarkLady Juliet
Vivo aquí

Felicity escribió:The People Next Door - Cristhopher Ransom.

I've opened a topic :)
I'll take a look.

I'm reading "Sister" by Rosamund Lupton, my sister gave it to me. :60:

Edited: Feli, I can't find it. Have you opened in "practicando idiomas" or somewhere else?
Felicity
Comité de bienvenida
Contactar:

Mensaje por Felicity »

Yep! Just Some topics Below :) :lista: :60:
Recuento 2024
Nos pasamos años sin vivir en absoluto, y de pronto toda nuestra vida se concentra en un solo instante (Oscar Wilde)
LauraCo
No tengo vida social

Mensaje por LauraCo »

What about the next autumn reading for the MC? :60: :60:
DarkLady Juliet
Vivo aquí

LauraCo escribió:What about the next autumn reading for the MC? :60: :60:
:mrgreen: Are you "bookless"? :60:

I've been disconnected for quite a while and don't know how are things going over here. Particularly, I'm tossed into "Sister"(link), and can't seem to advance, too sad for me, and as soon as I start crying I turn to other books to cheer me up, but I've decided to finish it before getting into others, or I'll never finish it.

I'll propose again "The handmaid's tale", by Margaret Atwood, which is being round my mind for almost a year...
Responder