The Hitchhiker's Guide to the Galaxy: Radio Scripts.

Dícese de los políglotas o practicantes de lenguas varias.

Moderador: Larús

Responder
Pseudoabulafia
Vivo aquí

The Hitchhiker's Guide to the Galaxy: Radio Scripts.

Mensaje por Pseudoabulafia »

"Guía del autoestopísta galáctico" es una novela que se basó en una radionovela de la BBC con el mismo título que se emitió en 1978.

Imagen

Título:The Hitchhiker's Guide to the Galaxy: The Original Radio Scripts
Autor: Douglas Adams
Año de publicación: 1985 (primera edición) y 2003 (edición con material adicional)
Editorial: Pan Books
ISBN: 0-330-29288-9 (edición de 1985) y 0-330-41957-9 (edición de 2003)

The Hitchhiker's Guide to the Galaxy: The Original Radio Scripts
The Hitchhiker's Guide to the Galaxy: The Original Radio Scripts is a book, published in 1985, containing the scripts for the original radio series version of The Hitchhiker's Guide to the Galaxy by Douglas Adams. Text present in the original scripts but cut to meet time constraints is printed in-line in italics. This book also includes explanatory footnotes, behind-the-scenes anecdotes, and forewords by Adams and by series producer Geoffrey Perkins. These facts tend to make this book better suited to serve as a primary reference for the cultural context and significance of The Hitchhiker's Guide to the Galaxy cult than many of the other cult texts.

The book was reprinted in a tenth anniversary edition in 1995, and a twenty-fifth anniversary edition in 2003. The twenty-fifth anniversary edition contains a new introduction by Geoffrey Perkins, and newly researched material by M. J. Simpson, including a transcript of The Lost Hitchhiker Sketch. The sketch was an interview with Simon Jones in character as Arthur Dent, conducted by Sheila Steafel on her show Steafel Plus in 1982, written entirely by Adams. The sketch can be heard in the Douglas Adams at the BBC CD collection. The book now contains transcripts of all Hitchhikers radio sketches, barring a sketch for Marvin that Adams wrote for the BBC Radio 1 show Studio B15 to promote the television version of the serial, which was broadcast in 1982.

In the first edition a page of dialogue was omitted from Fit the Twelfth. The 25th anniversary edition reprint corrects this.
Fuente: Wikipedia
The Hitchhiker's Guide to the Galaxy (radio series)
The Hitchhiker's Guide to the Galaxy is a science fiction comedy radio series written by Douglas Adams (with some material in the first series provided by John Lloyd).[1] It was originally broadcast in the United Kingdom by BBC Radio 4 in 1978, and afterwards on global short wave radio on the BBC World Service, National Public Radio in the U.S. and CBC Radio in Canada. The series was the first radio comedy programme to be produced in stereo, and was innovative in its use of music and sound effects, winning a number of awards.[2]

The series follows the adventures of hapless Englishman Arthur Dent and his friend Ford Prefect, an alien who writes for The Hitchhiker's Guide to the Galaxy, a pan-galactic encyclopedia and travel guide. After Earth is destroyed in the first episode, Arthur and Ford find themselves aboard a stolen spaceship piloted by a motley crew including Zaphod Beeblebrox (Ford's semi-cousin and Galactic President), the depressed robot Marvin and Trillian, the only other human survivor of Earth's destruction.

A pilot programme was commissioned in March 1977, and was recorded by the end of the following June. A second series was commissioned in 1979, transmitted in 1980. Episodes of the first series were specially re-recorded for release on LP records and audio cassettes and Adams adapted the first series into a best-selling novel in 1979. After the 1980 transmissions of the second radio series, a second novel was published and the first series was adapted for television. This was followed in turn by three further novels, a computer game, and various other media formats.

Adams had considered writing a third radio series to be based on his novel Life, the Universe and Everything in 1993, but the project did not begin for another ten years until after Adams' death in May 2001. Dirk Maggs, with whom Adams had discussed the new series, eventually directed and co-produced radio series adaptations of that novel, as well as So Long, and Thanks for All the Fish and Mostly Harmless.[3] These became the third, fourth and fifth radio series transmitted in 2004 and 2005.[4]
Fuente: Wikipedia

La radionovela está dividida en 26 capítulos, y es una trilogía en cinco partes, como la novela. :D
Curiosidad:
La primera parte está dividida en "fits", en vez de capítulos, en honor a el poema "The hunting of the snark" de Lewis Carroll.
Fuente: Wikipedia (castellano)
Última edición por Pseudoabulafia el 29 Ago 2011 18:00, editado 1 vez en total.
Pseudoabulafia
Vivo aquí

Re: The Hitchhiker's Guide to the Galaxy: Radio Scripts.

Pues nada, me pongo a escuchar y leerme los capítulos poquito a poco y ya iré comentando.

Hace mucho que me leí la novela y practicamente no me acuerdo de nada, así que mejor que mejor.

Es relativamente fácil de encontrar en internet, pero si alguien tiene problemas para encontarlo que se ponga en contacto conmigo.

(Estoy planteandome si hacer una traducción de andar por casa en plan soloparamiyparamisamigos, y así practico un poco el inglés)

Enlace

Enlace

Enlace

Oido/leido el primer capítulo.
Me han gustado mucho las referencias a la enciclopedia galáctica, que yo no recordaba en la novela.
Me pregunto si Lady Cynthia Ftizmillion no es una parodia de Margaret Thatcher, sobre todo teniendo en cuenta el año de emisión de la radionovela (1978) y dada la famosa libertad con que la BBC puede criticar a la mano que le da de comer. :D
Me ha llamado la atención la referencia a los Wisigoths.
Y me ha encantado la demostración que hacen de que Dios no existe. :D
DarkLady Juliet
Vivo aquí

Mensaje por DarkLady Juliet »

Are you reading it in English? This book is in my to-read list. But I'm too busy now.. :(
Pseudoabulafia
Vivo aquí

DarkLady Juliet escribió:Are you reading it in English? This book is in my to-read list. But I'm too busy now.. :(
Yuhuuuuuu
I can wait for you.
I only had read the first title. :D
or "I had read the firs chapter only"?
Olga
No tengo vida social
Contactar:

Mensaje por Olga »

Pseudo:
I had only read
By the way, guys, there's also a movie based on the books. I went to the cinema to watch it some years ago and it is REALLY funny. I still remember the complete song that the dolphings sing at the very beginning of the film: So long, so long and thanks for the fish. Just hilarious :lol: :lol: :lol:
DarkLady Juliet
Vivo aquí

Mensaje por DarkLady Juliet »

Pseudo, I'm afraid you'll have to wait too long... I don't plan to start it at least in six months from now. :oops: Too much to do, too little time.

Olga, yes, I've heard about the film. Maybe I'll see it first, just a question of chance. Not that I'd rather see the movie than read the book, but maybe that comes first.
Olga
No tengo vida social
Contactar:

Mensaje por Olga »

DarkLady Juliet escribió: Olga, yes, I've heard about the film. Maybe I'll see it first, just a question of chance. Not that I'd rather see the movie than read the book,
I totally agree. And you're right: who knows what will come first? The book is not esy to get, but neither is the film :wink:
leonita
Vivo aquí

Mensaje por leonita »

Ey, pseudo, can you send me where you downloaded the radio Scripts? Yes, I know. I are so lazy but :oops:

Thank you in advance for your attention. :lengua:
Pseudoabulafia
Vivo aquí

No, a can´t say it because I don't remember. :(
Try it in google writing "The original hitchhiker radio scripts - Douglas Adams pdf" :D
I'd sent you a pm. :D
Elena2
Foroadicto
Contactar:

Mensaje por Elena2 »

I have the scripts!!!!! :D :D :D :D
I'll wait until I've read the book, though.

(Pseudo, do you intend this to be your next project instead of "War and Peace"? :wink: )

Leonita, it just worked as Pseudo said.
Pseudoabulafia
Vivo aquí

Elena2 escribió: (Pseudo, do you intend this to be your next project instead of "War and Peace"? :wink: )
Well, not exactly. Sometimes I have some fool ideas, and this time I had write about it. But it's only a fool idea. :lengua:
Timber
Lobito

Mensaje por Timber »

I'm worried about your fool idea, Pseudo :lol: :lol:
Responder