The storm sister - Lucinda Riley

Dícese de los políglotas o practicantes de lenguas varias.

Moderador: Larús

mariki
Vivo aquí

Re: The storm sister - Lucinda Riley

Mensaje por mariki »

I'm going to start chapter 19. I haven't read much lately. I hope to read more in this bank holiday because I'll be almost without internet and I won't waste my time surfing the net :lol:

I also think that
Anne is going to fall in love with Jens. But I don't know if I like Jens or not, he is a womanizer and Anne is very naive. And Lars, well, I don't know either :lol:
I feel a bit idiot but it took me a lot to realise that "herr" and "frøken" weren't names but social titles, "Mr and Miss" :dragon:
LizzyDarcy
Vivo aquí

Mensaje por LizzyDarcy »

mariki escribió:I haven't read much lately. I hope to read more in this bank holiday
I'll do just the opposite, i'll be travelling this weekend so i won't have time to read.

Now, I'm chapter 24.
mariki escribió: I also think that
Anne is going to fall in love with Jens. But I don't know if I like Jens or not, he is a womanizer and Anne is very naive. And Lars, well, I don't know either :lol:
I think the same about Jens
the Bad :lol: :lol: but well, we're going to trust him and that he became better person now that he has changed his life and he hasn't a lot of money to spent in alcohol and women.
At the begining i was afraid of Anne because she always say yes instead of what she really thinks, and I though she is going to say yes to Jens to meet him and have and affaire with him. But i'm really glad when she said no. The first woman in saying no to Jens :ola: So it could be possible they could have a good future together. In fact, now we know they married each other.
On the other hand Anne
has broken his betrothal with Lars, well we could say he understood that she didn't love him so he made the things easier to her and broke the engagement. Anne must learn to say what she thinks.
I like Lars, but not for her. So I feel sorry for him but happy for Anne.
mariki escribió: I feel a bit idiot but it took me a lot to realise that "herr" and "frøken" weren't names but social titles, "Mr and Miss" :dragon:
:lol: :lol:

About Ally, I like her story too, but i'm more interested in Anna's. Now she is
in Norway. She has met a pianist a little bit weird and obsesive, i don't know if he could be a possible partner for her.
I liked her meetings to Peter and Star. I would like to know more about them.
mariki
Vivo aquí

Mensaje por mariki »

I'm going to start ch. 23. I can't read your comment yet, Lizzy, and I'm don't know if you have already said it but I'm almost completely sure that
Ally is pregnant. I think I read something before starting Anna's chapters, but I don't remember what exactly. In this chapter, Anna feels nauseous in the morning and the wine feels weird in her stomach. She has lost Theo, but I believe there's a little Theo inside her, and I feel it's a boy :lol:
Regarding Anna, I had a look at the chronological tree and I think I spoiled myself :dragon: But (this is a spoiler from what we have already read, not the tree),
I'm happy for her. Lars loved her, but he suspected that she didn't love him back and it was wise for both of them to cancel the wedding. It wasn't fair for any of them. And Jens seems to behave a bit better :lol:
LizzyDarcy
Vivo aquí

Mensaje por LizzyDarcy »

mariki escribió:I'm going to start ch. 23. I can't read your comment yet, Lizzy, and I'm don't know if you have already said it but I'm almost completely sure that
Ally is pregnant. I think I read something before starting Anna's chapters, but I don't remember what exactly. In this chapter, Anna feels nauseous in the morning and the wine feels weird in her stomach. She has lost Theo, but I believe there's a little Theo inside her, and I feel it's a boy :lol:
I haven't though of that, but it could be possible :meditando:

I don't have a lot of time for writing now and i don't know in what chapter i ended reading i think 28. In Anna's story.

She is going
to runaway with Jens. Froken Bayer has asked her to marry him if she doesn't she has to leave the appartment. Jens has been fired so he was leaving for Leizpitg so she decided to go with him. :shock:
LizzyDarcy
Vivo aquí

Mensaje por LizzyDarcy »

I only have few minutes to write because i have something to comment.

Until chapter 33

Jens
the Bad is the Worst :evil: :icon_no_tenteras: :colleja: once they arrived at Leizpig he started to drink and be with other women. He even didn't want to marry Anna but finally the married. But he left Anna alone to go to Paris with a baroness :evil:
Anna was pregnant and lost her baby and then she had to work as a slave :cry:
In chapter 33
Grieg came to rescue Anna. He championed her and she could work and earn enough money to live without depend on anybody.
I'm going to read chapter 34, Ally again. :D
mariki
Vivo aquí

Mensaje por mariki »

I've read until chapter 37. I wanted to comment a couple of things, but I kind of forgot :cunao:

Anna,
Jens was the worst, as you've said. He was selfish, only focused on his career, and she wasn't important for him, even though she was more famous than him. Thanks to Grieg that he could save her. In the genealogy at the beginning I saw that the baby died the same month than she was born, so it was like a spoiler. I wouldn't forgive Jens in her situation
Oh yeah, I've remembered what I wanted to say. It was about Ally. I have a theory.
Thom may be her twin. They were born only a day apart, so it could be possible that one of them was born at night and the other one the day after, but I'm still considering the motives of her adoption. And there's a new love interest, Willem. He seems to be gay, her partner Jack was misleading, but it has been solved by now and there's something between them. Maybe in a future
LizzyDarcy
Vivo aquí

Mensaje por LizzyDarcy »

I think i'm in chapter 39, in Pip's story.
mariki escribió: It was about Ally. I have a theory.
Thom may be her twin. They were born only a day apart, so it could be possible that one of them was born at night and the other one the day after, but I'm still considering the motives of her adoption. And there's a new love interest, Willem. He seems to be gay, her partner Jack was misleading, but it has been solved by now and there's something between them. Maybe in a future
I think the same as you, Mariki, for me it's clear
that Thom and Ally are twins, but we don't know yet why their mother gave Ally in adoption, and i don't know how they will know this, because apparently there isn't nobody alive to tell them the truth, maybe Felix, the father :meditando:
And it's clear now, that Ally is pregnant.
About Willem,
as he uses Jack as his partner's name, i too though he is gay, but not, he isn't. So there is a chance to them to be together in the future.
About Anna story,
i really like her story, but no the ending, I don't like she forgave Jens and i don't understand it. And i don't like the abrupt way in whick the author ended the story.
mariki
Vivo aquí

Mensaje por mariki »

I finished it last night :cunao: That's the advantage of not having wifi here :lol:

It was a really good book. I'm not sure which book I like more, this one or Maia's.

Ally:
As we predicted, she and Thom are twins. What is not clear yet is how she was adopted and how Pa Salt was there to take her. I've read a theory that Pa Salt could be one of the characters of the book, maybe Bo? I wanted to know more, for example, if the baby is a boy or a girl (I bet it's a boy) or the mysteries of the anagram and the adption.
Anna:
it was weird that Anna accepted Jens just like that. It was a surprise that Horst was Grieg's son instead of Jens. And that explains a lot. I'm glad that her life improved and she worked as a singer at the end.
Pip's story
is also very sad. He was so close to success that I could understand that he didn't want to go until it was too late.
At the end, we have a glimpse of
Star's story. I'm so curious to know what has happened between her and CeCe. And it seems very clear that Pa Salt was there. And Ma hides something too. The author has said that she is giving subtle clues for the seventh book, but they don't seem very subtle for me :lol: If that's true, that Pa Salt is alive and feigned his death, that was very cruel
LizzyDarcy
Vivo aquí

Mensaje por LizzyDarcy »

Finished too.

And i think the same as you i really like this book so i couldn't say which one i liked more.

About Anna,
that Horst was Grieg's son instead of Jens's explained her forgiveness to Jens, it was more a kind of deal than a forgiveness.
Ally
and Thom are twins and i think Thom could be a good boyfriend to Star :boese040:

Pa Salt
he is alive, and i think it's very cruel what he's doing to his daughters although he has a very good reason. And the same to Ma who knows everything.
I didn't recognize him in any of the characters of this book but who knows...
Pip
story is so sad but i can understand him :( And even i can understand Felix.
Of course i want to go on reading about the sisters and all the misteries there is in the saga.
Responder