Sylvia Day

Pues eso, para hablar de un autor en general.

Moderador: natura

magali
Vivo aquí
Contactar:

Re: Sylvia Day

Mensaje por magali »

Eso está muy bien pensado, darky :D

Dejo el enlace a amazon, para los que quieran verlo allí: https://www.amazon.es/Fourteen-Days-Una ... telibro-21
magali
Vivo aquí
Contactar:

Mensaje por magali »

Novedades en la web de Sylvia Day: So Close ya tiene fecha de publicación en inglés. Para el 28 de marzo de 2023

https://www.sylviaday.com/books/so-close/
Imagen
So Close
Book 1 of 2: The Blacklist Duology
Digital Audio International

From the #1 New York Times bestselling author of the Crossfire® saga comes the beginning of a twisty tale of obsession and rage, as a trinity of women protect what they covet at any cost.

You can’t believe all of them, but can you trust any of them?

Widower Kane Black is still ruinously married to his late wife, Lily. Grief has hollowed him… until he sees a woman with his wife’s inimitable beauty on the streets of Manhattan. He whisks her up to his towering penthouse, protectively under guard, nestling her in dark opulence where Lily’s memory is a possessive beguiling force.

Aliyah, Kane’s mother, deals in science. There are too many questions, too few answers, and too much at stake. “Lily” has dangerous control over Kane and there can be only one queen on the throne.

Amy, Kane’s sister-in-law, has been bloodied by deceit and betrayal, and she’s devolving into murderous rage. She’s paid too high a price and now intends to claim what she’s owed.

Three women, linked by buried secrets, circle the man who unquestioningly accepts the return of his beloved long-dead wife. Kane is happier than he’s ever been, and he’ll do anything to stay that way.

Propulsive and sly, So Close is a lushly gothic novel of domestic suspense with the emotional intensity, scorching sensuality, and complex exploration of female trauma that are the hallmarks of multimillion-copy international bestseller Sylvia Day.
Sin información de la obra traducida a otros idiomas.

Luego traeré más información :hola:

Editado.

Más información: https://www.sylviaday.com/2022/08/04/we ... -so-close/
We Don’t Talk About So Close
Aug 4, 2022
So Close - US edition - Sylvia Day

Well, we didn’t talk about it because it’s no fun hearing about a book you can’t get your hands on for the foreseeable future. But the wait is finally over, and I’m excited to talk about So Close! I can answer your questions, and best of all, you can reserve your copy today.

This post is the first in a series exploring the story and characters. Why? Because I want to take you by surprise in a good way. That can only happen if you go into the read with the right expectations.

So, let’s start at the beginning.

In 2003, I wrote my first book, Ask For It (historical). From there, I moved to Catching Caroline (paranormal historical), Magic Fingers (contemporary), and Carnal Thirst (vampires in space!). I went back to historical romance with Scandalous Liaisons, then sped forward in time to In the Flesh (science fiction/futuristic). Then I wrote The Stranger I Married (historical), Pleasures of the Night (fantasy), and Razor’s Edge (contemporary). I also wrote the Marked series (urban fantasy) and continued juggling historical, contemporary, and fantasy series simultaneously. I also wrote the beginning of a young adult fantasy romance and the first few chapters of a psychological thriller.

You can glean two things from this: 1) I used to write much faster, and 2) I’ve spent twenty years switching genres regularly. I love to try new things, experiment, and challenge myself. The signatures of my writing—the characterization and wordsmithing—are immutable. Beyond that, the only thing consistent about my body of work is its inconsistency. (And that it’s all sexy!)

So Close marks another shift in genre. The Blacklist Duology is a contemporary urban gothic women’s psychological domestic suspense. Whew. That’s a mouthful.

Readers who are only familiar with my Crossfire saga may expect Blacklist to be similar. It isn’t. Although they’re both set in New York, and you’ll incidentally glimpse familiar faces, the two series are very different in structure, tone, and focus.

The Blacklist Duology
has a central love story but isn’t a romance. What’s the difference? A romance is the evolution of a partnership through communication, transformation, and sacrifice. Further, romantic leads must be heroic. They may not start that way, but through that transformation I mentioned, they become the heroes of their fairytale. In a love story, the partnership is one piece of a larger puzzle, it may not evolve, and transformation and heroism aren’t required. I’m not saying Blacklist isn’t romantic because it is. It just doesn’t fit the definition of a romance. As someone who treasures the romance genre and intends to keep writing romance in the future, it’s essential to be transparent.

The primary characters in Blacklist are three women: Amy, Aliyah, and Lily. All three are struggling with Lily’s return and the ramifications. All three are survivors of different and similar traumas. How those traumas impact their viewpoints is the core of Blacklist.

Exploring character flaws is why I enjoy writing. Every one of us has facets to our character that are unpleasant and even downright ugly. In Blacklist, I let my characters be utterly human, with terrible traits, selfish dreams, and reckless ambition. Women are so often celebrated for being nurturers, mediators, and caregivers. But we’re also extremely dangerous, and I think that’s worth acknowledging and celebrating, too.

Set in present-day New York City, the Blacklist world is strange and unsettling (remember, it’s a gothic!). Secrets haunt a family whose veiled motives complicate their lives. In seeking to either fulfill those expected female roles or shed them entirely, the women of Blacklist use whatever means necessary, and those machinations lead to a crisis point.

So Close and Too Far are meant to be read more than once. You won’t catch all the signs on the first read. It may take several re-reads to pick up on all of them. If you have a reading buddy or book club, you’ll want to read it together, so you have someone with whom to exchange theories. (And join my message board and Facebook group!)

If you’re a reader who likes to absorb every word, dissect every sentence for clues, and speculate on the possibilities, this series will hit that sweet spot. And yes, Kane is hot, and his love for Lily is deeply passionate.

Throughout this series of Author Notes, I’ll introduce you to the characters and discuss some of the early chapters. This will be an interactive process and lots of fun! Keep an eye here on the Blacklist Blog for future posts, and remember…

You can’t believe all of them.
En esta primera ocasión he traído la entrada completa del blog creado para esta duología. En lo sucesivo solo indicaré los títulos de los nuevos posts, si es que me acuerdo. Ya sabéis, mis despites y eso.

Es un poco pronto para abrir el hilo a la novela. Además, ¿dónde lo abro?, ¿en Fantasía?, ¿en Terror?, ¿en Romántica?, ¿en Misterio? No parece que el género esté claro, salvo que Sylvia Day nos dice que es gótica y en la web la califica de Misterio y suspense.

N.B. Hay dos portadas diferentes una para EEUU y otra UK.
magali
Vivo aquí
Contactar:

Mensaje por magali »

Sylvia Day ha actualizado su blog sobre So Close.

https://www.sylviaday.com/the-blacklist-blog/

https://www.sylviaday.com/2022/08/09/bl ... s-answers/

Responde a cuestiones tales como por qué ha tardado tanto en publicar de nuevo o el motivo de cambio en la temática, entre otras cosas.

Está en inglés.

Por otra parte, en FAQ informa de los idiomas a los que será traducida la novela. Sin fecha aún para España.

https://www.goodreads.com/author/show/19823.Sylvia_Day

Imagen
magali
Vivo aquí
Contactar:

Mensaje por magali »

Portada del próximo libro con Margaret Atwood y otros muchos escritores:

Imagen
Includes writing from:

Margaret Atwood, Douglas Preston, Celeste Ng, Emma Donoghue, Dave Eggers, John Grisham, Diana Gabaldon, Ishmael Reed,Meg Wolitzer, Luis Alberto Urrea, James Shapiro, Sylvia Day, Mary Pope Osborne, Monique Truong, Hampton Sides, R. L. Stine, R. O. Kwon,David Byrne, Louise Erdrich, Neil Gaiman, Rachel Kushner, Candace Bushnell, Nora Roberts, Scott Turow, Tommy Orange, and more!
magali
Vivo aquí
Contactar:

Mensaje por magali »

Ya está disponible en la web de Sylvia Day la información sobre la segunda parte de su última duología (Black List): Too Far. Se trata de la continuación de So Close. Todavía falta para la primera parte, imaginad cuánto falta para la segunda :icon_no_tenteras:

https://www.sylviaday.com/books/too-far/
magali
Vivo aquí
Contactar:

Mensaje por magali »

Sobre la publicación de Fourteen Days en España o en países hispano hablantes, nada de nada :? :evil:

https://www.sylviaday.com/order/fourteen-days/
magali
Vivo aquí
Contactar:

Mensaje por magali »

So Close by Sylvia Day - Penguin Michael Joseph Spring Showcase 2023
magali
Vivo aquí
Contactar:

Mensaje por magali »

En la web de Sylvia Day:

Imagen

Fourteen Days: A Collaborative Novel
Set in a Lower East Side tenement in the early days of the COVID-19 lockdowns, Fourteen Days is a surprising and irresistibly propulsive novel with an unusual twist: each character in this diverse, eccentric cast of New York neighbors has been secretly written by a different, major literary voice.

One week into the COVID-19 shutdown, tenants of a Lower East Side apartment building in Manhattan have begun to gather on the rooftop and tell stories. With each passing night, more and more neighbors gather, bringing chairs and milk crates and overturned pails. Gradually the tenants—some of whom have barely spoken to each other—become real neighbors. In this Decameron-like serial novel, general editor Margaret Atwood, Authors Guild president Douglas Preston, and a star-studded list of contributors create a beautiful ode to the people who couldn’t get away from the city when the pandemic hit. A dazzling, heartwarming collection, Fourteen Days reveals how beneath the horrible loss and suffering, some communities managed to become stronger.

Includes writing from:
Charlie Jane Anders, Margaret Atwood, Jennine Capó Crucet, Joseph Cassara, Angie Cruz, Pat Cummings, Sylvia Day, Emma Donoghue, Dave Eggers, Diana Gabaldon, Tess Gerritsen, John Grisham, Maria Hinojosa, Mira Jacob, Erica Jong, CJ Lyons, Celeste Ng, Tommy Orange, Mary Pope Osborne, Douglas Preston, Alice Randall, Caroline Randall Williams, Ishmael Reed, Roxana Robinson, Nelly Rosario, James Shapiro, Hampton Sides, R.L. Stine, Nafissa Thompson-Spires, Monique Truong, Scott Turow, Luis Alberto Urrea, Rachel Vail, Weike Wang, De’Shawn Charles Winslow, and Meg Wolitzer!
Publicación prevista en inglés para el próximo día 6.

Sin noticias de su publicación traducida.

https://www.sylviaday.com/books/fourteen-days/
https://www.sylviaday.com/order/fourteen-days/

amazon

Para leer un extracto en inglés: https://www.sylviaday.com/books/fourteen-days/#excerpt
Responder